shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite/least favorite Halloween candy??

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Least favorite: Nibs

Favorite: peanut M&Ms

I gave out some peanut candy this year and was waiting for parents to freak out about it. I even had a little bowl of peanut free (even says so on the box) candy. I asked and everybody went for the Snickers bars.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, we gotta work out a trade thingy! I hate tootsie rolls - a total waste of sugar as far as I'm concerned - but LOVE Mounds and Almond Joy. Once we get our bling swap going, we can start trading our candy too (or maybe we should start with candy and work our way up to bling...?)

Dee*Jay|1351725426|3296467 said:
My least favorite is probably those necco wafer things (is that what they're called?) I was always so disappointed when I was a kid and that's what someone was handing out. Wonder if they still make them...?

...and yes, they STILL make them. I grew up near the giant factory with its big "New England Candy Co." sign. I always thought it was such a waste to produce sweetened chalk and never understood why anyone would like it. However, early this year, there was this huge uproar because the company wanted to change their recipe (go ahead and change it - how could it get any worse?!) and their die-hard fans (all one of them - JK!) went into a tizzy and complained to the company. It was in the papers and made the news here, clear across the country...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking for the Necco wafers too; I like the texture. It takes forever to eat if you suck on it without crunching it up.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1351816565|3297095 said:
Okay, we gotta work out a trade thingy! I hate tootsie rolls - a total waste of sugar as far as I'm concerned - but LOVE Mounds and Almond Joy. Once we get our bling swap going, we can start trading our candy too (or maybe we should start with candy and work our way up to bling...?)

You are welcome to all the leftover Mounds and Almond Joy in my bucket, and whatever is in DD's bag, too. None of us like coconut. Butterfinger is my favorite, but I'll take a Snickers, if there are no Butterfinger to be had.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1351816565|3297095 said:

My least favorite is probably those necco wafer things (is that what they're called?) I was always so disappointed when I was a kid and that's what someone was handing out. Wonder if they still make them...?

...and yes, they STILL make them. I grew up near the giant factory with its big "New England Candy Co." sign. I always thought it was such a waste to produce sweetened chalk and never understood why anyone would like it. However, early this year, there was this huge uproar because the company wanted to change their recipe (go ahead and change it - how could it get any worse?!) and their die-hard fans (all one of them - JK!) went into a tizzy and complained to the company. It was in the papers and made the news here, clear across the country...

Seriously?! Those things are DISGUSTING! Oh well, as this thread demonstrates, even with preferences for candy... people vary!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Love kit kat, Reese's and snickers. Worst=smarties and raisins

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Favorites - Twix, 100 Grand, Take 5, Dots, Sweedish Fish, Sour Patch Kids (can you tell I have a candy problem? :bigsmile: )

Least Favorites - Smarties, Dum Dums, Double Bubble, any of those hot cinnamon candies

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results