shape
carat
color
clarity

what is your favorite fruit?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too late to edit my answer, but I know which one I don''t like. Melon of any kind except Watermelon. All other fruit that I''ve tried is wonderful!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m weird - but I came from a family where we ate a lot of veggies and not a lot of fruit, so I''ve fallen in love with fruit sloooowly as an adult. I still can''t stand oranges, grapefruit, kiwi, mango, or raspberries.

On the good list:
Strawberries
Blueberries
Bananas
Limes and lemons (I put citrus in EVERYTHING I make - the queen of zest)
Black grapes
Every kind of melon (ooooh cantelope and procuitto! - sp?)
Peaches
Apricots
Pears
Apples (red)
Tomatoes - fruit, right? I love big slices of home-grown tomatoes in the summer.

Ohhhh - and to the PSers who suggested the Moosewood books - DH and I are ADDICTED to the White Rabbit fruit salad - mixed fruits with cottage cheese, honey, and poppy seeds.

thedreamer

Rough_Rock
Mmm grapefruit, plums, grapes, and pears are my favorites.
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
There are not too many fruits I don''t like but, my favorite is a fresh, ripe, yellow peach!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 11:47:18 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 6/25/2008 11:01:29 AM

Author: Deelight

I have to add that I can''t stand Pawpaw
14.gif
that stuff is disgusting
ever try Durian?

No not yet but have tried and like jackfruit which I am told is somewhat similar
2.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Honeydew and ORANGE Watermelon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei''s my most favorite fruit.
9.gif

Red raspberries come in a close second.
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2008 8:04:30 AM
Author: Ellen
9.gif

25.gif
bananamoonwalk.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun topic! I'd have to say my FAVE is fresh figs ... followed by pineapple .... and lime (in limemade & margaritas
31.gif
) ... and then pears. I cannot stand ORANGES, hate the pith ... but like OJ. *shrug*. Also LOVE citrus *smells* ...grapefruit, tangerine etc ... but not the *taste*. Odd, no?

ETA: I am kind of curious to try that "wonder berry" that makes everything else taste sweet. Makes lemons taste like candy & beer taste like milkshakes & cheap tequila taste like top shelf.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 8:11:14 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 6/26/2008 8:04:30 AM
Author: Ellen
9.gif

25.gif
bananamoonwalk.gif
lol.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love juicy fruits, like pineapple, nectarines and peaches.

I adore Ranier cherries and blueberries too, and pomegranates. Pain to eat but I love them.

Tropicals like mango and papaya are also great too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Strawberries, blueberries, and bananas.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Fresh Texas Peaches (in season now)
especially when they are dropped into Champagne!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Fresh lychee, but only from Hanoi and only in lychee season.

And mangosteen, anytime I'm in Asia.

Blueberries and strawberries.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Lychees without a doubt - I LOVE them!

My second would be Cape Gooseberries - also know as Physallis.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 12:27:38 PM
Author: Haven
Grapes, cherries, and peaches.

I''m deathly allergic to strawberries, so I have no idea what they taste like. And kiwis make my mouth swell up to ridiculous proportions, but that only started when I was 18 so I really do love kiwis.
I''m horribly allergic to kiwis and every time I have them it gets worse.

I have been really angry a few times when I''ve ordered a fruit drink or smoothie, explained about my kiwi allergy and within 10 seconds of trying the drink my mouth starts swelling up because they either haven''t listened or have cross contaminated something. Grrrrrr

I didn''t start being allergic until I was about 17 or so. Apparently it''s an allergy that is becoming increasingly more common.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pears or strawberries.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2008 7:45:09 PM

I have to add that I can''t stand Pawpaw
14.gif
that stuff is disgusting
ever try Durian?

No not yet but have tried and like jackfruit which I am told is somewhat similar
2.gif
Jackfruit is not quite the same
9.gif
! Durian has a very pungent taste and even though I like it, I am cognisant of the fact that the smell can be off-putting to other people. The texture of the two fruits is also very different, durian''s is like egg custard (creamy and soft but not mushy) whereas jackfruit''s is harder, almost crunchy. There is yet another variety of jackfruit-like fruit which in Vietnamese is called "wet jackfruit" (I don''t know what other people call it). It is very very juicy (hence "wet"), has a pungent smell which isn''t as offensive as durian''s.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also LOVE lots of other kinds of fruit: mango, lychee, longan, mangosteen, strawberries (only the very big sweet variety), cherries, soursop, guava, melon, pineapple, sharon fruit, certain kinds of apples, grapefruit (only the sweet not bitter type), Vietnamese bananas (the variety with seeds), milk fruit, nectarines, peaches etc.

The only fruit I think is quite boring is dragonfruit. I don't hate it but I wouldn't choose to eat it. It's so bland!

I could eat fruit all day and in fact as a child (when I was about 6 or so), there was a long period of time when I would only eat apples and nothing else all day long every day, LOL.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do lychee''s taste like? I saw them in Hawaii but never tried them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2008 11:31:29 PM
Author: Skippy123
18.gif
18.gif
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 12:10:44 AM

18.gif
18.gif
9.gif
I didn''t ask if they were good DF.
25.gif
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2008 12:13:41 AM

18.gif
18.gif
9.gif
I didn''t ask if they were good DF.
25.gif
2.gif
i can put away 2 lbs w/o any problem. my record is 4 lbs within an hr.
37.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've recently re-discovered pears! I LOVE THEM. Especially brown-skinned ones... Boscs and Taylors. We've had at least 6 in the fridge at any given time, for about a month now.

I also love blackberries and raspberries... preferably together in a bowl
Blueberries for pie
Grapefruit for breakfast, and at any time to cut my appetite
Apples are just an indispensable classic snack
Peaches, though I can't seem to cut into them at the right ripeness
Papaya... mmm...
Guava for shave-ice flavoring

FI likes to tell people "The most popular fruit in the US is the tomato." Because he still thinks it's fun to point out that they're part of the fruit, not vegetable, family.
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 11:11:24 PM
Author: Phoenix
Date: 6/25/2008 7:45:09 PM

I have to add that I can't stand Pawpaw
14.gif
that stuff is disgusting
ever try Durian?

2.gif

Jackfruit is not quite the same
9.gif
! Durian has a very pungent taste and even though I like it, I am cognisant of the fact that the smell can be off-putting to other people. The texture of the two fruits is also very different, durian's is like egg custard (creamy and soft but not mushy) whereas jackfruit's is harder, almost crunchy. There is yet another variety of jackfruit-like fruit which in Vietnamese is called 'wet jackfruit' (I don't know what other people call it). It is very very juicy (hence 'wet'), has a pungent smell which isn't as offensive as durian's.

What do lychee's taste like? I saw them in Hawaii but never tried them.
I didn't ask if they were good DF.

Skippy

The jackfruit we used to grow was juicy and kinda creamy, you could just pop off the skin (almost square shaped and green) with your fingers, maybe we had the wet variety??? I have heard Durian smells and is really an acquired taste, I will have to try it one day.

Skippy it is really hard to describe lychee's but they are YUM and almost have th texture of a pealed grape (with a biggish seed in the centre) but a little more dryer OMG so good definitely try them when you next see them you won't regret it :).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 11:38:42 AM

The jackfruit we used to grow was juicy and kinda creamy, you could just pop off the skin (almost square shaped and green) with your fingers, maybe we had the wet variety??? I have heard Durian smells and is really an acquired taste, I will have to try it one day.

Skippy it is really hard to describe lychee''s but they are YUM and almost have th texture of a pealed grape (with a biggish seed in the centre) but a little more dryer OMG so good definitely try them when you next see them you won''t regret it :).
Thanks Deelight, we don''t have them here but next time I see them I will have to try them. I thought they were a weird strawberry at first when I saw them.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooo...how can I pick?

Actually, its very obvious to anyone who knows me: blueberries!

I grew up doing the u-pick thing in southwestern Michigan with my family. I consider blueberries to be the perfect fruit: no pits to remove, no fuzz to bother, no thorns, no ladders, no bending over to pick. Just pick off bush at normal person height, and eat!

My family even has a blueberry related story from my childhood: I was a toddler, out with my Mom and Grandparents while they were picking. I had been following my Mom around, just picking off the bushes near her. She finally noticed I was not around any more...and they found me at the main bucket they were all dumping into, face full of fruit!
3.gif

Also, can I be blamed for convincing my family to host my bridal shower during blueberry season so I can take some home?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
lychees taste a bit like fruity roses, that''s the only way I can describe them. They are delicious...Nothing like the canned stuff.

Jackfruit is very tasty too...

dh97

Shiny_Rock
I love fresh lychees, logans, jackfruit. I just brought a whole 23 lbs jackfruit ( $1.99/ lb in phoenix ). It''s very expensive compare in Vietnam
28.gif
. With this money you can eat jackfruit in a year in Vietnam. .
Last summer we stayed in Vietnam and my kids enjoyed every kinds of tropical fruit even Durian. My two kids 7 and 3 years old ate 6-7 lbs lychees a day. Lychees is cheap this year ( same last year ). It''s about $.12 /kg or just $0.05/ lb lychees in Hanoi now .
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results