shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your biggest pet peeve about your spouse?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Wondering whats the biggest pet peeve about your spouse or significant other?
11.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...I can honestly say that I don''t have a pet peeve with him. He puts his shoes away, always hits the laundry basket, does the dishes if he finishes dinner first, we both cook dinner pretty equally, always puts the seat down and we both squeeze the tooth paste tube the same.
20.gif
We''re disgusting, lol.

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
It''s WAY minor in the scope of things, but it still blows my mind.

Scene: Kitchen/bathroom or laundry room. Sink. Shelf. DISH TOWEL or HAND TOWEL 99% of time immediately within reach. Dear Fiance enters. Washes hands or rinses something in said sink. And then... SHAKES WET HANDS ALL OVER FLOOR AND COUNTERS TO DRY THEM RATHER THEN USING THE TOWEL.

It drives me insane. Makes my socks wet in the kitchen. Leaves a mark on my work pants in the morning at the vanity. USE THE TOWEL!!!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
His disorganization and procrastination drive me completely insane!!!! Well, that''s actually two things -- forgive me. I guess it''s a little late to hope he''ll change now. We''ve been married for nearly 19 years.
20.gif

On the other hand, he spoils me rotten, is a fantastic daddy, and is supportive of me to no end. There are definitely days when we don''t like each other very much, but we love each other deeply and look forward to being together through the sunset of our lives.

DiamondLil

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t rag on him too much today, because it''s his birthday! But if I must, he is messy. He doesn''t pick up after himself at all. He is very thoughtful though. Last week I had the flu and he was constantly calling from work to see if I needed anything. He did all the cooking and he is an amazing father to our two teenagers. So all in all I''m a very lucky lady!
3.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 77px">
Scene: Kitchen/bathroom or laundry room. Sink. Shelf. DISH TOWEL or HAND TOWEL 99% of time immediately within reach. Dear Fiance enters. Washes hands or rinses something in said sink. And then... SHAKES WET HANDS ALL OVER FLOOR AND COUNTERS TO DRY THEM RATHER THEN USING THE TOWEL.
hahahaha toooooo funny
9.gif

Him being TOO organised! I know, not many ladies would agree with me, but that is one thing that drives me crazy, I mean how much thought can you give about packing a suitcase? He thinks, put his clothes on the bed to pack, packs the suitcase, and than re-thinks the whole thing, unpacks the suitcase, lays it down on the bed, and packs the suitcase in a different order! I mean COME ON!!!
face7.gif

(and ofcourse his comments about me NOT being organised as wel)

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
That she is always right :)

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Hhhhmmmm, why do I get the feeling that if I answer this question, I won''t have a spouse anymore... cflutist reads the boards too!

emotion-5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh, just a few things after twenty years of wedded bliss
2.gif
but really minor stuff in the scheme of things: e.g. placing of empty food packages back in the cupboard or fridge, leaving all the lghts on in empty rooms, not putting things back in their "place" (so we can find them again...), constantly pinching my bottom.......

cheers--Sharon

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
He''s still thin and handsome.
30.gif
Growing older very gracefully.
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2005 4:37:32 PM
Author: websailor
Hhhhmmmm, why do I get the feeling that if I answer this question, I won''t have a spouse anymore... cflutist reads the boards too!

emotion-5.gif
come on be a man,stop being a chicken.
9.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
My DH loves to put things off, which bothers me, because I like getting things done and not worrying with them weeks, or in his case months later. He is disorganized, his entire family is like that, so don''t think that will change. He gets it honest.

He said that I leave the caps/lids off of things that drive him nuts! I will put the lid on the motrin, the kid will call for me to come help, etc, and I will forget to "tighten" the lid, and it spills 500 pills everywhere! Oh well.....Im laughing as I type this, because on the other hand, he will put a soda in the freezer that will burst everywhere and need a entire steam clean.Its easier to vacuum up those pills! Im sure we are both difficult to live with!

For the gals talking about wanting their DH to get rid of old cars and boats, I won that loooonnggg battle last week and sold a Cuda and Vette that had sit for years!!! I have one to go now, and im relieved! I need more space when Daughter starts driving and she wants a VW Beetle in green. How sweet it is to be young and carefree! My DH is just like another child in the house, he will never "mature" and hes already, shhhhh 5-0!!!

This thread has been interesting!

Lori-yellowfan and (not perfect but don''t tell the DH! ha ha)

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
She bites her nails

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 1:50:29 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 2/15/2005 4:37:32 PM
Hhhhmmmm, why do I get the feeling that if I answer this question, I won't have a spouse anymore... cflutist reads the boards too!

emotion-5.gif
come on be a man,stop being a chicken.
9.gif
Nah, it's not that, I just want to stay married!!!

But I'll at least nibble on the bait (GRIN).... I can talk about this one because we both know about it....

Turning lights on/off when you are not in the room....... I hate sending money to the local utility company needlessly
29.gif
...and our electric rates are quite high. Plus my parents brought up the six kids to be fairly conscious of spending money - for example, we never got allowances, we got paid for additonal work above the normal household chores.

So, when I leave a room, I turn the light out, the TV off, etc. If I'm not in the room, I'm not running anything. You can actually watch my progress thru the house (which is fairly large and spread out) as I turn on a hallway light, then turn it off, and the next one on, and so on.

Cflutist, I think, goes by the belief that lights are put in houses so they can be lit all the time. Bright sunshine in the room, no problem, turning the lamps on will make it brighter. Once a light is turned on, it shouldn't be turned off.... If there are lights on in five rooms in the house, that's good because you can move around easily. And running the TV constantly makes it like there is someone else in the house....

The other thing about Cflutist, and I swear I have no idea how she does this
emquestion.gif
emquestion.gif
emquestion.gif
, is that she somehow is able to turn lights on within seconds of my turning them off. It's like magic!!!!

So we get into some hilarious situations... Websailor walks thru the house to the kitchen turning all the lights off except where cflutist is...Cflutist walks behind Websailor 10-20 seconds later, turning all the lights on...Websailor backtracks and turns all the lights off again...because Websailor is no longer in the room, Cflutist goes to find him, turning all the lights on again.....

You just have to laugh about it at times!
30.gif

I truly am baffled by the number of times we both go to the kitchen to prepare dinner, and I turn the lights off as we go - so I know they are off. I get started on dinner and seconds later, without my knowing that Cflutist left the room, I see all the lights on again! I mean, really, it's only been seconds it seems that the lights were able to stay off! And Cflutist is back in the kitchen... how does she do this?????

Okay, in her defense, she does not see well in the dark, and I do see extremely well in the dark. We've talked about this and I have told her that I have absolutely no problem with her having as many lights on as she wants in the room she is in. I just don't understand why the lights need to be on in a room she is not going to be in for hours.....

I think by now we have both put this one into the category of "men/women differences". We know neither one of us is ever going to change.

emlove.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2005 1:18
6.gif
8 PM
Okay, in her defense, she does not see well in the dark, and I do see extremely well in the dark. We've talked about this and I have told her that I have absolutely no problem with her having as many lights on as she wants in the room she is in. I just don't understand why the lights need to be on in a room she is not going to be in for hours.....

I think by now we have both put this one into the category of 'men/women differences'. We know neither one of us is ever going to change.

emlove.gif
Well the feeling is mutual.

So if websailor knows I don't see well in the dark, why would he turn the lights off so I can't see where I am going?
You don't know how many times I have banged my knee on a corner because I couldn't see in the dark.

Also, the other night I heard this noise in the entryway and was wondering what that was all about. Turns out websailor ran into the door chimes (there are 4 of them 3 - 4 ft long) hanging from the wall because he couldn't see them in the dark ... LOL

I should also mention that websailor works for the utility company so we get a 25% discount which means our bills are less than our neighbors. My sister lives in a house less than half the size of ours and her bill is more than ours, so what's the problem?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Does not listen. Does not listen. It''s like I"m talking to the cats .... I get the same response- total silence LOL...then I get mad and then he does a stupid little dance...makes a stupid little face...or a stupid voice...and I can''t stay mad...that''s what makes me even more mad LOL

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2005 2:19:37 PM
Author: moremoremore
Does not listen. Does not listen. It''s like I''m talking to the cats .... I get the same response- total silence LOL...then I get mad and then he does a stupid little dance...makes a stupid little face...or a stupid voice...and I can''t stay mad...that''s what makes me even more mad LOL
HI:

Sorry, what were you saying????
31.gif

cheers--Sharon

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
oh my websailor and cflutist - I can completely relate! How funny!

My hunny sits in our office in the dark on his pc for hours whereas I like to have lights on (not to mention candles everywhere). The biggest stalemate for us also is the kitchen where he gets by with all the little lights on whereas I prefer the big one on......I was cooking dinner a few nights ago and as he left the kitchen he instinctively switched the main light off - whilst I was still in there!! Humph!!

You are right - must be something about men/women differences!!

Funnily enough I have perfect 20/20 vision and he recently had to have lasik surgery! Do yo think that is related?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2005 2:48
6.gif
8 PM
Author: mightyred
..I was cooking dinner a few nights ago and as he left the kitchen he instinctively switched the main light off - whilst I was still in there!! Humph!!
LOL, websailor has done that to me too !!!!
29.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Toilet seats,i complain when they''re down and she complain when they''re up.
20.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
cflutist &websailor Another relator. heh.. For me , I'm afraid of the dark. So if I see a switch... I turn it on, just in case I need to go to that room. Dre hates that an is constantly behind me to turn off the lights. He jokes about it all the time, "Don't worry.. if the boogie-man tries to nab you, I'm here. " It's so not nice, b/c he's not helping. Lately, I've been making an attempt to get over my fear. I'll turn the light off in a room, but you better believe I run to the next room w/ light. Just to save a few bucks, my daily heart-rate needs to be thru the roof. lol!

my pet peeve w/ Dre: He buys way too many electronics and leaves the boxes laying around. We own 3 dvd players, and 2 fax machines with all the boxes hanging out in the living room. Drives me nuts.
32.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I guess for me it would be volume. I have really good hearing and do not need the volume on the tv/stereo/computer jacked way up. It is SO frustrating to watch a movie with my husband, especially action flicks. I don''t need to have the subwoofer jostle me off the couch and I don''t care that we need "the full effect" of helicopters whizzing by my head! He''s also big on a game called Battlefield and plays his war games all the time. I just about duck and take cover when he''s using the machine gun or whatever the heck it is.
Give me a book anyday.

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 12:21:35 PM
Author: PaulaW
I guess for me it would be volume. I have really good hearing and do not need the volume on the tv/stereo/computer jacked way up. It is SO frustrating to watch a movie with my husband, especially action flicks. I don''t need to have the subwoofer jostle me off the couch and I don''t care that we need ''the full effect'' of helicopters whizzing by my head! He''s also big on a game called Battlefield and plays his war games all the time. I just about duck and take cover when he''s using the machine gun or whatever the heck it is.
Give me a book anyday.

ROFL! Too funny Paula.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 9:17
6.gif
7 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Toilet seats,i complain when they''re down and she complain when they''re up.
20.gif
LOL - at least we have that one solved - separate bathrooms....cflutist uses the one in the master bedroom, I get to down the hall to the other one. Her seat is always down, mine is almost always up....

The only bad part for me, is in the cold winters - her bathroom, besides being close the the warm bed, is carpeted. Mine has a freezing cold linoleum floor.

The sacrifices us hubbies make in the name of love!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 12:10:34 PM
Author: cute330xigrl
cflutist &websailor Another relator. heh.. For me , I''m afraid of the dark. So if I see a switch... I turn it on, just in case I need to go to that room. Dre hates that an is constantly behind me to turn off the lights. He jokes about it all the time, ''Don''t worry.. if the boogie-man tries to nab you, I''m here. '' It''s so not nice, b/c he''s not helping. Lately, I''ve been making an attempt to get over my fear. I''ll turn the light off in a room, but you better believe I run to the next room w/ light. Just to save a few bucks, my daily heart-rate needs to be thru the roof. lol!

my pet peeve w/ Dre: He buys way too many electronics and leaves the boxes laying around. We own 3 dvd players, and 2 fax machines with all the boxes hanging out in the living room. Drives me nuts.
32.gif
I''m afraid of the dark too!
32.gif
32.gif
I guess that stems from a childhood of hearing ghost stories all the time. Now that I''m an adult, common sense tells me I''m being silly..but still have to turn the darned light on. Poor h2b...he''ll have already gone to bed and I''m always last because I''m always double and triple checking the coffee timer, locks, etc.., and as soon as I walk down the hallway (lights on, of course) I''ll sneak my hand around the corner of the bedroom door and turn the light on. Drives him nuts....but I''m scared of the dark and I have to know where he''s at so I don''t inadvertently jump on him in my panic-run/leap across the room
37.gif
40.gif
37.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 4
6.gif
3:45 PM
Author: Diamonds4Me

cflutist &websailor Another relator. heh.. For me , I''m afraid of the dark. So if I see a switch... I turn it on, just in case I need to go to that room. Dre hates that an is constantly behind me to turn off the lights. He jokes about it all the time, ''Don''t worry.. if the boogie-man tries to nab you, I''m here. '' It''s so not nice, b/c he''s not helping. Lately, I''ve been making an attempt to get over my fear. I''ll turn the light off in a room, but you better believe I run to the next room w/ light. Just to save a few bucks, my daily heart-rate needs to be thru the roof. lol!

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
I guess that stems from a childhood of hearing ghost stories all the time. Now that I''m an adult, common sense tells me I''m being silly..but still have to turn the darned light on. Poor h2b...he''ll have already gone to bed and I''m always last because I''m always double and triple checking the coffee timer, locks, etc.., and as soon as I walk down the hallway (lights on, of course) I''ll sneak my hand around the corner of the bedroom door and turn the light on. Drives him nuts....but I''m scared of the dark and I have to know where he''s at so I don''t inadvertently jump on him in my panic-run/leap across the room
37.gif
40.gif
37.gif
Hhhmmm, that doesn''t seem so bad to me! (LOL). If cflutist jumped on me in bed each night, I''d have a big smile on my face!

Oh well, she''s the one who''s already in bed (princesses must get their beauty rest) and I''m the one who goes thru the house checking on things.
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 9:28
6.gif
9 PM

Date: 2/17/2005 4
6.gif
3:45 PM

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
37.gif
40.gif
37.gif
Hhhmmm, that doesn''t seem so bad to me! (LOL). If cflutist jumped on me in bed each night, I''d have a big smile on my face!

Oh well, she''s the one who''s already in bed (princesses must get their beauty rest) and I''m the one who goes thru the house checking on things.
17.gif
17.gif
17.gif
LOL
emembarrassed.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2005 4:41:47 PM
Author: Feydakin
I''m beginning to think that Al Bundy had a great idea with ''Shoe Lights''..
LOL! Shoe lights! I must have missed that episode..
33.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2005 11:37:57 AM

Date: 2/17/2005 4:41:47 PM
Author: Feydakin
I''m beginning to think that Al Bundy had a great idea with ''Shoe Lights''..
LOL! Shoe lights! I must have missed that episode..
33.gif
Where can I get some in womens size????
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
He bites and picks at his fingernails. It drives me nuts.

I am perfect.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results