shape
carat
color
clarity

what is the right size??? help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

papifly

Rough_Rock
i bought a ring about 3 years ago to give it to my girlfriend but i did not do it yet she is 1.70 tall and about 130lbs size ring 7 and the ring i have for her is a .72 round color e si with side stones totaling .53 in white gold 18kt....will this ring be good enough or should i get something bigger ...planning to propose in about 10 days ......Please help.....

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
did you originally buy it for your current girlfriend or someone else?

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
have you two ever talked about her preferences for an engagement ring? If so, what did she say? Is she a round diamond-shaped girl, or does she like fancy shapes like princess, emerald, pear, etc? Does she want side stones, or does she feel they will overshadow the center stone, and wants a solitare instead? You said its an SI, is the inclusion/s very visible to the naked eye and bothersome? Sorry to overwhelm you, but these are the issues that should be considered when purchasing engagement rings and diamonds.

I don''t feel that a diamond has to be a certain size to correspond with the person''s physical size. I think that as long as they feel comfortable with the size of the diamond, than your goal has been accomplished. She may want something bigger or smaller - you know her best.

If you don''t mind answering, why has it been three years since you bought the ring, and now are considering giving it to her? At the time of purchase, did you feel it was "the ring" for her? Or did you just need a ring and that''s what you settled on? Don''t mean to pry, just curious.

Hope all this helps!
41.gif

papifly

Rough_Rock
thank you all......the ring is for the same person......the inclusion are not noticeble....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results