shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most sparkly non-round cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your help!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to you
35.gif
I have heard from various sources and books that next to the RB , the oval will be the sparkliest. However, this will be very dependant on cut quality, an average cut oval or RB will not sparkle as much as a well cut fancy shape for example. Maybe one of the experts can chime in here later to advise you better - but always make cut your top priority, that way whatever shape you choose will be beautiful and perform well. Hope this helps!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
i am unable to find it myself, but if you do a search, im sure you will find many related topics to your question. They discuss different shapes and sparkle in addition to ''carat size'' comparison from an RB to a fancy shape etc...

good luck!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I think you''re likely to get a lot of different answers to this question! But... perhaps a Square H&A? That is a very specific cut though. I think a well-cut cushion is very spakly. Princess, not so much. The step cut stones are a different kind of sparkly than a RB.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the radiant cut. (I''d put both of my radiants up against any RB any time!)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well put as usual Icekid!!! I agree it is very much a matter of opinion as to which will perform best, well cut RB''s generally being accepted as the sparkliest performers - a good thing would be to go and see in person what shapes you like best and how each one struts it''s stuff best for you personally! This should make any decisions you have to make much easier. Always get the best cut stone you can find - whatever the shape. Bear in mind that in fancies it can be more difficult to assess cut quality than in rounds.
34.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Right up there with rounds are the newest cushion hearts and arrows type cuts.

One can get diamonds cut to have more sparkle thana round, but they may not look as good overall. If you gain in one component of appearance you often lose in another. A balance is what looks best to most people.

TOAsscher

Rough_Rock
I saw a princess cut recently that had some real sparkle. Not my preferred style, mind you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dave I have never seen the H and A cushions, they sound very interesting
31.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results