shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the lowest color you''d be willing to go in an emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
curious what the limitations of the cut are -- trying to face up white
emstar.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I''m kinda picky about color, especially with the ECs. I would go below a G, personally.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to say, I would probably prefer ICY WHITE but if you do a search for Sarita''s EC , she has an M and it is fabulous
30.gif
To my eyes it has a hint of a " blush" tint to it - yummy! So to answer your question I can''t really say, depends on the stone. There is also a huge 11 carat I think EC in SMTR somewhere which is an L if I remember rightly
30.gif
30.gif

JC

Shiny_Rock
It''s really subjective. As Lorelei has noted, Sarita''s EC faced up nicely and it is an "M" color. It may also depend upon the carat weight of the diamond as well. Generally speaking, you can get a GIA graded "I" or "J" color diamond and still achieve a nice white appearance in the face up position. However, your decision may come simply by examining several color variations side-by-side and determining what is best for you. Good luck.....

1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an "I" colored EC. It is VERY face up white and only at certain angles shows hints of color. For us, clarity was more important than color. It is all personal preference. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results