shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the ImaGem?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone,

dave (oldminer) had qouted something about the ImaGem in this post from this thread
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-and-princess-ideal-percentages.27543/

"We now can grade princess cut diamonds with ImaGem for how well they handle light and how we think this relates to their beauty."

My question is what exactly is the Imagem and what does it do? Obviously it is analyzing light return and it has some different output than the IS. I guess i haven''t heard anything about it, of course, i haven''t been keeping up to date as i should be
3.gif
anyway, any education is appreciated!

jason

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey jason!
hopefully there will be an expert along to explain imagem sometime soon.....
until then, you can look through this thread about the recent presentation of imagem to ps vendors.
2.gif

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
good morning belle,

i read that thread before posting my thread, however, i was still curious about the device. the thread sorta ran circles re: the process and the use of the instrument. plus the language in some of the portions went way over my head
9.gif

i may have to pull out the ol physics textbook.....
32.gif

jason

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With ImaGem technology we can now do a number of things with diamonds. Of primary interest is the exact and repeatable measurement of the three most beauty defining factors of Light Behavior: Billiancy, Sparkle and Intensity.

The exact parameters of cut are also measured in a more accurate way than with Ogi or Sarin devices. Also, the ID of the diamond is grabbed and if a client wants a diamond registered for ownership or future re-identification, ImaGem can provide this service. This service is Gemprint-like, but more automatic and technical. No lasering or marking of the diamond occurs, but the ID is apparently highly reliable.

ImaGem aslo grades the color according to GIA standards, grades the color and strength of UV fluorescence, automatically plots inclusions and suggests a clarity grade. All final color and clarity grading is under the supervision of a chief gemologist, but much of the guesswork and nearly all of the subjectivity is removed.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ll post a scan of a basic Light Behavior AGA Cut Grade card al;ong with a full report in a day or so.

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
good morning!

from the looks of this machine it gives quite the readout. so dave are we talking about a machine that is basically an "all-in-one" machine capable of doing most diamond tests? how as a consumer would we utilize and interpret the output? thanks for the responses!!

jason

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results