shape
carat
color
clarity

what is the difference between these settings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
This is a kind of basic question, i think. And there may not be any difference at all. However, I dont have all my terminology down and I want to be able to explain myself when I go to the jewelers on Tuesday.

I an having a custom halo setting done and these settings are my favorite, I will post them separately as I dont know how to post them together. I dont know if they are channel set, or prong set, not the center stone but the pointers. Can someone descibe the settings to me? thanks so much!

n

scaasi.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love that ring!

a search will give you lots of examples

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
here is the second one...

escobar.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
My stone is a 2.32 ct oval ruby and I want a halo, I''m just not sure how I want the shank and halo set. I hope this makes sense....

any adivce would be great!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The first one is bead set pave with a bit of metal on the sides, almost like a channel sett and the second is shared prong.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I really still have alot to learn. Need to read up on channel, shared prong and any other setting out there I guess. Is this ring also shared prong? I really like it, and it appears that is what I am leaning towards.... although I thought I wanted channel set????

thin shank.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
# 1 - Pave set. (I'd call it a pave set channel.)
# 2 - Shared Prong set
# 3 - Looks like 4 prong set - each stone has 4 prongs holding it in - ala Mara, but smaller I think.

Scintillating...

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your help, I think I will just print the pictures I like out and talk to my jeweler, I just like to sound as if I kind of know what I am talking about. I tend to know what i want things to look like but lack the ability to explain them.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Please let us know how things go tommorow. I am really intreasted in seeing how your e-ring comes out, I adore you avatar.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I go and look at the wax tomorrow night. I am so nervous and so excited. It is the last day I am involved in the ring till he proposes to me. I hope its perfect!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ms Flutter that is soo exciting! Congrats! I hope you love your wax!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting it must be for you!!!! I hope you love it!!!!!

Gella

Rough_Rock
Hi, my name is Gel and i am new to this message board. I am from Australia and just want to ask some questions about a pave setting. I am having a ring made at the moment, it is a princess cut centre diamond with a split shank on either side, like a ''v'' shape if that means anything 6 diamonds on each shank and they are being set in a pave. Just thinking about whether or not this will look ok. Are there a variety of pave settings?

Please Help.

Thanks,
Gel

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
You may want to read the pave descriptions under the knowledge heading to see wonderful explanations about pave. It sounds like you are having something like this done, but with a princess.
LM%20modern%201.jpg

Gella

Rough_Rock
thanks for your assistance, i see one then i see another and i just dont know what to expect. I am having the ring in yellow gold, and i have explained to my jeweller that i dont want any gold in between the diamonds, i dont think that is a very good look. He says this wont be the case. I am also having a milled edge, have you heard of rodium platting i think it is. I found my design on johnallison.com. (i think) It just grabbed my attention.

I shall wait with anticipation, aaarrrggghhh.

Gella

Rough_Rock
sorry that''s is chadallisoncouture.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results