shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the best-looking way to set surprise diamonds into an eternity-style e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would be the best/nicest way to set surprise diamonds into an eternity ring with a center stone?

Specs:
- Center stone is between 1/3 and 1/2 ct. (4.5-5.2 mm in diameter)
- Eternity ring is shared prong, 1.9-2.0 mm wide.

I''m trying to see what all my options are before I decide on where or how to set the surprise stones.

Thanks for the help!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I can''t really think of any! Unless you have some put into the platinum head/prong area. Other than that... ????!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of a Scott kay ring..

119U13.jpg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn, I thought about putting them in the head/prong area, but I think my center stone would be too small for them.

Mrs. Salvo, I've looked at a lot of Scott Kay rings (I love their surprises in their three- and five-stone rings), but somehow I missed that one! That would be a great choice, I think!

If there are any other styles that I've missed that anyone knows about, please tell me.
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
If you are planning full eternity, and don''t want any surprise diamonds in the head/prong area, then I don''t think there''s any way to do that. Logistically speaking, diamonds go all the way around an eternity band. No place there for surprise diamonds. Sometimes small diamonds can be placed inside a ring, but again, with diamonds all around the outside... how could that really be accomplished? You''d have diamonds culet-to-culet (if it was even possible to set them).

An interesting option might be maybe placing a pink sapphire or some other colored stone in the eternity band, right along with the diamonds... that would sort of be a "surprise". But beyond that, if you want full eternity... I am clueless!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn, that is a neat idea, putting a colored stone among the diamonds. If I placed it on the side inside my palm, that would definitely be a surprise. Thanks for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results