shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the best baby shower gift you''ve given/received from a best friend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Aside from the usual registry items and clothing, what is the BEST, most personal baby shower gift you''ve given or received?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just received about 50 handmade super soft burp cloths in all different patterns from one of my friend's mothers. That was pretty great! Not sure it was personal, but they are very appreciated!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
ohhhhhhhhh handmade?? noice!
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I give a first week survival kit. Seems to go over well. If you do a search on baby shower gifts the list is in one of those threads.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When my hairstylist friend had twin babies (one boy/one girl) I gave her the Tiffany sterling silver baby combs with the pink and blue tassles engaged with the all the important birth info...like name, date, weight, and length and I opted for the hand engraving done in NY just for that extra touch...it''s more of a keepsake then an actual baby comb.

This isn''t the best gift ever- but my old high school friend HATED PINK. Despised it. So for gifts, I didn''t get anything pink (which is really hard to do). I picked out things in lavander (her favorite color) and greens. But cute girly things.. anyways, so my gifts were one of the first to be opened at the shower and I blurted "Yeah, no pink! Since you hate pink!" Well.. almost everyone else gave a pink gift.

I felt sooo stupid.
38.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
One of my closest friends gave me a big canvas Kolo scrapbook for my baby shower with the pages already set up for various milestones in the baby's life, like birthdays, all the holidays, first day of school and seasonal stuff. I was completely floored and moved by all the time she took to make the scrapbook for me. Then, once we had the baby, all we had to do was insert the photos on the right pages with the little sticky dots she gave me with the scrapbook. My sister in law gave me a bunch of Ostheimer and Holztiger wooden animals that my daughter still plays with. They're beautiful to look at and hold, and they're handpainted and non toxic, heirloom quality pieces. Love them.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
wooden animal selection...

wooden-figures-ostheimer-forest-ark.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My best friend made my older son a quilt. It''s smaller sized for a young child, but I love it so much that it''s become mine! lol She put flannel on the bottom side so it''s soft and it''s perfect for keeping warm while watching TV.

Oh, and what I LOVE about it is that although it''s for a baby/young child and has little squares of animals, alphabet blocks, etc., the colors are bold blues, reds, yellows, etc., instead of pastiles, so the shades outlast the stages of a baby.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I gave a friend two paintings that I painted myself. I bought framed canvases (I don''t know the exact size but fairly large), bright coloured paint and painted shape patterns. They''re up in the baby''s room and my friend said that Charlie stares at them all the time!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
When I attend baby showers, the gifts that always make me get a little teary are the handmade baby blankets, especially if heirloom stuff has been incorporated in.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
wow. these are amazing. Thanks for the suggestions!!!!!

Pixly, those wooden animals are beautiful!

thanks for sharing everyone!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know that it''s the most personal of gifts, but I always give a basket with baby Tylenol/Advil, diaper rash cream, a nose sucker/syringe thing, teething gel, gas drops, single packets of the powdered pedialyte stuff that can be put in a diaper bag, a thermometer, lotion, etc. All the things that you need if/when you have a sick/upset baby that you never want to spend the time running to the store to get when you have said sick baby. So far I''ve given this type of thing to my sister and to a bunch of my cousins and they have all loved it and said that all the stuff always came in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results