shape
carat
color
clarity

What is it you love about diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
ETA of my post above: my mom never had one UNTIL just a little before I discovered diamonds. My step-dad gave her a honker once they''d been married 24(?) years and that was my first, up-close diamond experience. But it wasn''t till my cousin took me to Graff that I really fell in love with them.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2007 8:08:06 AM
Author: Independent Gal
ETA of my post above: my mom never had one UNTIL just a little before I discovered diamonds. My step-dad gave her a honker once they''d been married 24(?) years and that was my first, up-close diamond experience. But it wasn''t till my cousin took me to Graff that I really fell in love with them.
Isn''t Graff amazing? I am in love with ALL their diamonds?! LOL.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2007 12:51:37 PM
Author: Skippy123
They are so much fun to stare at in the car; I love the rainbow of colors
30.gif
30.gif
emrainbow.gif
I can stare at them for hours, in the car, at home, in the shop, at work, practically everywhere!!
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2007 12:38:50 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love that you can have some nice reminiscings about your mom and trace back your love of jewelry!

I was very young when I was bitten by the bling bug. We moved into the home my mom current lives in when I was about 2 years old. (She just told me she moved in in 1967 and I was born in 1965). Apparently a new neighbor or friend came by to say hi and my mother was not home. She recalls, to this day, that I told her 'My mommy is not home. But would you like to come in and see her jewelry?'!!! Well, I still feel that way today. I love bling, all kinds, though there are things I do not like at all. There is not ever a shortage of things I want for my wishlist. Any gift, hubby knows he can get me bling, be it a small thing like my beloved Hello Kitty necklace, or something big. I am happy with it all, and even love semi precious things too. I just cannot say what intrigued me or caught my eye at two, who can say? But it ain't ending anytime soon!

That's a super-cute story, Caroline!!
36.gif
You certainly started young!!
9.gif

Unlike you, I'd better stop buying diamonds soon, or my husband will run out of patience with me. He's certainly been very indulging and accomodating but I think I've tested him plenty or willl soon be!
2.gif
1.gif

Maybe I should go into the diamond business, huh? That way, I could look at beautiful diamonds all day and my husband would stop complaining that I am wasting our money away, LOL!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
2 things I love:

- The uniqueness. Everyone''s diamond is different... be it shape, setting, color, size, etc. There''s always something to appreciate!
- The sentiment. I love that a diamond e-ring can become so intrinsic to a person''s being. If I saw my mom without hers, she would look like a different person to me! It''s that much a part of who she is. I like that.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lien, I also feel my hubby has been patient but he does not truly get my obsession. I try to tell him I loved jewelry when I was not even two, so it was not about knowing diamonds are costly or anything like that, or associating status with them, I just loved their look. My mom had a friend with a large pear shaped diamond and I recall always wanting to see it and try it on when she would come over. I was like a little crow, attracted to anything that sparkled. Hubby just promised me a small trinket for putting up with his family and I have a few things in mind, not terribly expensive things, but still, I can immediately tell you what I want. He just bought me that gorgeous necklace a few months ago and I promised I would not ask for anything else for a while, but hey, he can offer and I will not turn it down!!

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 114px">I always loved looking up at the stars at night, and watching them twinkle and sparkle in the distance-
Isn''t that funny. It is exactly what I used to do. One of my favorite times of the year was after the first snowfall. I would be walking home at nite when the moon was bright and I would love to squint my eyes when looking at the fresh snow - it would sparkle like a million diamonds. Same thing when you are lying on the beach and the sun makes the sand sparkle. I guess it is all about the sparkle! that is all around us.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results