shape
carat
color
clarity

What is engagement to you?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
woah. calm down. I just asked her to delete my post.

ETA:
Honestly, there is a difference between opinion and fact, and no matter how many disclaimers you add, if you can't state your opinion without respecting that other people see things differently (or even allowing for that possibility)

I do. I do realize it's opinion. That is exactly why I wrote, THIS IS MY OPINION AND I KNOW IT ISNT A GENERAL STATEMENT. In bold, in red, as a disclaimer. Because I know it's just my opinion. And I know that it's only mine, not the majority view.

mmi

Shiny_Rock
Hey, nice to see my old thread resurrected. :bigsmile: Now that things are finally moving along, I am getting that tingly excited feeling about engagement. I guess to me engagement means, like another poster pointed out, that I can OPENLY start planning for the wedding/honeymoon/etc. I told SO this: "Only propose to me when you are ready to get blasted with wedding/honeymoon ideas, like, immediately." He said ok. Haha. I may do a leeeetle planning on the sly right now though...

Oh and I wanted to say an "Amen, sista" to madelise, without reading through the other threads. You sum up how I feel about engagement exactly. :))

mmi

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
princesss|1337109032|3195873 said:
Honestly, there is a difference between opinion and fact, and no matter how many disclaimers you add, if you can't state your opinion without respecting that other people see things differently (or even allowing for that possibility) it's no wonder people felt more comfortable reporting the thread than speaking up.

The flip side of this is that the people who reported the other thread didn't respect the opinions of those who did post, they whined to the moderator instead to shut down a discussion that they didn't agree with. They could have posted that they loved illusion settings or cluster rings or quad princesses and I don't think any of us who don't like those things would have said a word. I know I wouldn't have.

madelise, I'm in the doghouse with you...

liz

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
good point liz...I am just going to sigh because I don't have anything more to add that isn't my opinion :snore: in the doghouse with you ladies!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Ella,
I believe you are just making the situation worse... in all honesty. There are more controversial topics going on right now. People are allowed to show their support, no one in this thread has been demeaning nor made any of the faux pas you alluded to in the previous thread. If lurkers have an issue with people defending their opinions or showing support for another individual while allowing the original post die - I believe they have the right.

As a side note, I'm anxiously awaiting more list movement with one already gone!!! I started at 71 ;-), and the only movement I've seen are deletions by our beautiful maebell ;-)

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Enough ladies. Respect our thoughts on the matter please per our policies or this thread will be closed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results