shape
carat
color
clarity

What is difference between the round diamonds under Superbcert Diamonds and Diamond Specials on Supe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yabyabdoo

Rough_Rock
I am at SuperbCert site and saw these two categories. What are the difference? One is in house and one is from outside source? Do both diamonds have SuperbCert brand inscribed in the diamonds.
e
I am looking for a diamond >= 1 carat with E-G color, ideal cut, VVS-VS clarity, Ex-VG symmery. has brilliance, Fire and scintillation. My budget is ~8000. I want to buy from a reputable vendor who provide good pre and post services. I want hear some suggestions from the seasoned members in this forum here.

rainbow

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have some Superbcert diamonds and they are beautiful stones.

The only ones that have the Superbcert brand are under the Superbcert Diamonds section.
The others diamonds are from outside sources and don''t carry their brand name.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yabyabdoo -

I bought a D-SI1 (TOTALLY eye clean)(and w/ strong blue fluoresence, which I personally love) from Barry and it is gorgeous. I''ve had very good experiences with Excel and recommend them to anyone based on my experience. You won''t be disappointed in your stone. That said, I took a quick look on his site and there are a few gorgeous stones for under $8,000 - these 2 are SI-1''s. Have you considered and SI clarity stone? When they are ideally cut, it really does hide a lot of flaws. And there some VERY eye clean SI stones out there (I have 3!). You''ll have more options if you drop down in clarity a bit.

1.23ct G-SI1 http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/222.html
1.18ct E-SI1 http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/208.html

Clarity is a hot issue around here - most of the "seasoned" Pricescoper''s will tell you to drop down in clarity (unless you have a reason for wanting to pay a lot for a VS or especially a VVS quiality stone). Most will tell you not to spend your money one something you can''t see anyway! Cut quality is KING around here, and as I said before, ideal cut stones hide a lot. It all boils down to whether it is eye clean or not - and any of the vendors here who have their stones in stock will be able to tell you that!

I don''t know if you''ve done a diamond cut quality search (at the top of the page), but it looks like with the clarity you have specified above, that a G color is the "best" color you''ll get for under 8K (and color is a personal issue - ideal cut stones face up much whiter than poorly cut stones). If you open up to the idea of an SI clarity stone, your size and color options increase dramatically.

I''ve dealt with Good Old Gold, and also recommend them without hesitation. Whiteflash, although I''ve never purchased anything from them (yet!), gets rave reviews around here too. There are a lot of vendors out there, and I''m sure others will chime in with their experiences with them.

Oh - is $8,000 the budget for just the stone or for the stone AND the setting? Let us know how else we can help!

yabyabdoo

Rough_Rock
~8000 just for stone. If hard to find a stone with that number, I will postphone some other things and increase the budget for this a bit. I want to make sure to get a stone that looks really good.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven''t read the tutorials (at the top of the page) make sure you do. It''ll give you much more knowledge in dealing with B&M stores in particular; most of the online vendors here won''t sell you *%&# anyway! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results