shape
carat
color
clarity

what is an expected measurement for a 2.0 princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
what is a "range" of measurement that one can expect to find for a 2 carat princess cut?

I want a very good cut, but would like it to have a nice size to it.....I have seen some 1.80 look as large if not larger, tghan some of the 2 carats I have been looking at....

so, I'm looking at a 2 carat right now that measures 6.73 x 6.66 x 5.05

does that fall in the correct range??? if there is such a thing?

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
I did a quick search and found these two

6.61 x 6.53 x 4.96
and
6.86 x 6.82 x 5.

at least that gives you a couple of ideas of size. I would imagine they would be around those numbers somewhere, if depth is higher, the other numbers would be lower and vice versa.

sorry, i''m not a princess efficianado, but others here are!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
The size the stone faces up doesn''t matter NEARLY as much as the proportions of the stone. What is the table and depth of your stone? What about the crown and pavilion?

If you want a basic formula, use:

[(Carat weight)^(1/3)]*x, where x is the appropriate measure of a well cut 1.00ct diamond of the same shape. For "x" I would use 5.6.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks guys, I am working on getting the table, depth, c & p %''s from the vendor.
I''ll post it when I find out.
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results