shape
carat
color
clarity

What is an "average" amt of time to make a ring setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
I realize that it depends on the jeweler''s workload, etc., materials used, and level of detail. I am wanting a wg setting with a pave band (not sure what else), but no large side stones. Is there a period of time that this might take? A month? Two months? Two weeks? I just want to be realistic about this whole thing. I would never dream of rushing someone, I just need an idea of time. Love to hear your thoughts on this...

jkb_222

Rough_Rock
I just ordered a custom setting, wg with diamond inserts on both sides, plus the center stone, whiteflash said it could be here in 10 days.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
If you are working with a Vendor that has an "in-house" staff of smiths, you can figure 10 days to 2 weeks, on average, from the time you place the order. As Steve so aptly points out, there may be additional bumps in the road that could delay production a bit. If the Vendor works with a local smith, it may take a bit longer. On average tho, I think you can expect about 2 weeks.
1.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Most jewelers will want between 2 weeks and a month of lead time. Time spend negotiating about the design and the choice of materials is, of course, extra and as Steve points out, there are often traffic type problems. The best craftsmen tend to be busy and they are often less willing to be pushed. Certain design elements that involve outside sources for things like custom cut stones and similar special requirements can increase the time considerably and design modifications in the middle can also have a substantial effect.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
mine was 6 weeks plus another 2 for the tweaks=8

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results