shape
carat
color
clarity

What happens when JbEG marries together a Jeff White sapphire and diamonds by BGD?

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That''s beautiful-congratulations!

nosirrah

Rough_Rock
gorgeous!!! i love it, looks great on you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea that jbEG does custom setting work as well. It’s just gorgeous all around.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats again!!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I am so in love with it! But wow does the sapphire get dirty fast!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FINALLY!!!!

been watching for you and this thread - all of your hard work and debating sure did pay off
30.gif
When i was looking for a sapphire ering, i was set on a three stone, and searched and searched through the photos. Yours is just so beautifully proportioned stepcutgirl! I love the martini sides, the claws, the taper on the band, everything!

It looks just wonderful on your hand too - what kind of band will you have? if budget can allow it, i think it would look DIVINE with a dainty eternity band
12.gif

EDIT: just finished reading the whole thread - i love the idea of an eternity band with a three stone - such a classic look!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Violet! I''ve been waiting for you to find this thread!
36.gif

Well with regard to the wedding band a new twist has developed. Number one being I''ve come to the conclusion we most likely will not be able to afford an eternity band. Number two being this weekend my aunt gave me grandmothers 5 stone wedding band. I took it to a local jewelry store today and they estimated the diamonds to be 4 to 5 points each, g-h color and si clarity. I have to say once they clened it the diamonds were super sparkly. Not quite as much so as my BGD side stones but pretty darn well! The only issue there is that I think the diamonds are too large for me to wear next to my ering. It''s not very dainty, but maybe it''s just the setting?

So, I think I''m going to make earrings (like Gypsy''s Kraiko earrings) for me using 4 of the 5 diamonds (using 4 more from wherever I use for it) and then using the gold from the ring to make my sister a pendant with the 5th diamond in it so we can both have a part of my grandma''s wedding ring. But maybe since we can''t afford an eternity ring I should just reset these diamonds into a 5 stone??? I don''t know what to do.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my grandma''s ring.

nanascg.JPG

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
They aren''t great. I just ran outside with my cell phone.

nanascg2.JPG

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here with my ring. i think the size of the diamonds is too much. Maybe it''s just the setting?

nanascg4.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2010 3:49:19 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
Here with my ring. i think the size of the diamonds is too much. Maybe it''s just the setting?
I think it''s just the setting - honestly, 4-5 points is pretty dainty when set into a shared prong without all the metal around it. I wear a 10 point eternity band and i would wear it with a three stone of the right size for sure. Let me go look for a picture for you, so you can see what something similar would look like together.

p.s. i think you are really sweet to consider your sister in this, but if it were me, i would probably go with the band for you. Keep in mind, you may need to add a couple of stones for full finger coverage with the dainty size of the stones, but 4-5 pointers shouldn''t be too expensive if you only need two. What size is your finger? I''ll go looking :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, look here at Kaleigh's ring collection (swoon) -- on her pinky finger is a three stone sapphire, paired with a 9-stone band. I think they look LOVELY together! she thought the top band was a 10 pointer (with the pink sapphire), so i'm guessing the one with the blue sapphire ring is close to the size of your stones.

However, your ring is just so pretty, it will look fabulous with whatever you choose - i am sure you love staring at it! Re: getting dirty - do you have a good cleaner around? I love mine and i clean my sapphire band all the time, b/c you lose the sparkle easily :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
helps to attach a picture!

ringsstepcutgirl2020.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out so beautifully! I love sapphires with diamonds. The letters are lovely too.
36.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the picture Violet! I originally really wanted a jazz like bezel band. I wonder how the 4-5 pointers would look if I added two more to it to make a 7 stone jazz-ish ring?

No cleaner around. What do you suggest?

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
oh my... I didn''t reply to this thread?! I was sure I did!

I am sorry this is so late... but ---> What a gorgeous ring you have!!! The blue of the sapphire is really vivid!
I hope you wear it with joy and enchantment!!! :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2010 9:13:42 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
Thanks for the picture Violet! I originally really wanted a jazz like bezel band. I wonder how the 4-5 pointers would look if I added two more to it to make a 7 stone jazz-ish ring?

No cleaner around. What do you suggest?
i think a jazz-y band would be gorgeous!!!

I would love an ultrasonic cleaner, but I just have a really inexpensive cleaner - Weiman Jewelry Cleaner - i think you can get it at Walmart. You just drop in your jewelry and leave it in for 20 minutes and then take the little brush and scrub, then rinse with hot water. Ask your jeweler if it''s okay for sapphires (mine said it was fine, but you should ask anyway, since you''ve put so much time into your ring) - it really shines them up!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the comments! Thanks for the suggestion Violet! I need to go try on bands to see what I like with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results