shape
carat
color
clarity

What exactly is cushion cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
To me it looks halfway between round and oval in shape, but I don''t know anything about the facets/brillance. Why do people like this cut in particular? Thanks!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I like the "modern" cushion in a more square shape. I think the brilliance and fire in my stone is absolutely amazing! THat''s why I love the shape!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I know, any rectangular or square diamond with rounded corners qualifies for the 'cushion' name. The face arangement varies alllot - some are brilliant cut some close to radaints some have pavilions similar to the princess cuts (this includes a branded version called 'Cushette') and who knows what else - basically any sort of modified brilliant and then some. Actually, if you look hard enough there's bound to be one or two with a step cut crown out there!

Hard to say if any such cut is better all the time - cut to optimized proportions they would probably come darn close in terms of brilliance etc. However, some cushion brilliants seem to be cut for brilliance - you have the branded Danile K and Kotlar cushions that qualify for the description. A few non-branded stones of the same breed are reffered to as 'modern cushion' on pricescope, but this is a local denomination.

On top of it all, try GoodOldGold.com for their H&A cushion brilliant!

There's allot to see out there!

Btw... I was looking to see if the H&A cushions are called 'cushion brilliant' or 'modiied...' by GIA, when this ghostly picture came along!
1.gif
love at first sight... basically.

clarity1.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In all it''s glory in a gorgeous Mark Morrell setting...................
10.gif

Mark Morrell PS Finished Ring.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results