shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your Summer Reading List look like?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1368200031|3444138 said:
For those that have kindles the majority of classics are free.

Alice in Wonderland
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The Scarlet letter
The Picture of Dorian Gray
The Secert Garden
The Art of War
White Fang
List goes on and on

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_9?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=free+classic+books+for+kindle&sprefix=free+clas%2Cdigital-text%2C163

My older son (age 12) is reading White Fang right now. He needed to read a classic for his class reading program. He likes it but is confused as to why they put it in the elementary library because has swearing in it. He's read Stephen King books, so he's read REAL swearing, vs. "damn," and "hell." He just commented a few times that it is strange that they offer White Fang but refuse to put the Hunger Games in. lol

We have had a few discussions on banned books. My kids become facinated by that. My son also read Animal Farm (my book/not from the school and LOVED it). He didn't look so deep into the political aspect of it. He just thought it was funny that the pigs drank whiskey. Makes me think that us adults think too much sometimes!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooops, double post...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh fun! I love bats. Hoping to go to the library tomorrow so will look for those books for London, thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results