shape
carat
color
clarity

What does it mean by well-cut on machine ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone. I was looking at djraregems stones and was told that most of their gems are well cut on machine. May I know what does it mean? will all facets meet at a point like a precision cut stone? does it equates to native cut or precision cut? has anyone got any gems reom djraregems? can I know about the cut and quality pls? feedback most welcome! tks

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
I looked at the site and I am not sure where you saw the comment about machine cut but I do know that John has pretty high standards. Without making a statement about his stones, I know that, in general, only commercial stones are machine cut (garnets, topaz, etc) so I would be surprise if he was offering machine cut stones.

I sat and talked with John at the Denver show a couple of years ago and spend a great deal of time looking through the stunning array of stones he had on display. Though not every one was precision cut (by PS standards), they were all well cut.

I think there is a bit of a misconception on this forum that "native cut" means badly cut. On a commercial level, that is unfortunately mostly true but higher-end material is cut with much more precision and the result is a very good or even excellent cut on the stone.

Sorry for the rant....

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi from my understanding D&J gems are cut by professional cutter on machines in various locations around the world. It is different from native cut. A native cut gem is usually referred to a gem that have been cut on an old fashion jam peg machine which are becoming less and less common. Has anyone bought any gems from Djraregems? Can I know your feedback and do comment on the cut and quality too! tks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results