shape
carat
color
clarity

What does anyone think of adding one more forum..?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking that we could use one more ( more work for administration? ) forum just for those healing, grieving etc..this way we could find everyone, who needs extra help really fast and be able to respond in a timely fashion..and also follow up with everyone on just one forum..Just thinking here..
Also if one wanted to contact administrator is that possible? and how..Thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My personal opinion is that we have too many fragmented little forum portions already.

To contact the administrator you can click on Report Post at the bottom of a post.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara beat me to it.

For selfish reasons, I''d say no. I read a lot of those threads but don''t always respond (I am terrible at finding the right words, despite being an English major). But I do like to know what''s going on. If there was a separate forum, I really doubt I''d make the trip over there, as oftentimes I come to PS to "escape" and wouldn''t go to a forum that is sure to make me sad.

I can see how others would find it useful, so I can certainly go with the flow.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 12:55:49 PM
Author: Mara
My personal opinion is that we have too many fragmented little forum portions already.
I really have to second (or third, really) these opinions.

As it is, some of the existing forums are fairly underutilized, and adding another seems counterintuitive. While I know you think it might prompt a faster response, I think the opposite would be true.....less frequented threads often mean longer response times due to less traffic.

When I first came to PS, almost none of these existed. It was just Rocky Talk, a Hangout (then called Cafe), and not much else. PS is a diamond education site that just happens to have a vibrant community. The thing that ties all these members together is a love of jewelry.

It's inevitable (and in fact, WAY enjoyable) that members come to know a lot about each other over time here, and we've often grieved with each other, too. However, I don't think that should be a central theme of a forum, and it doesn't really fit in well with the whole premise of Pricescope.

Scarleta, there are bereavement forums elsewhere which you might find solace in.......

http://www.memory-of.com/Forums/
http://www.grievingcenter.org/forum/
ths.gardenweb.com/forums/grieving/

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
also with Mara on this one. i''d go a step further and say it already exists as the Family & Home thread...

movie zombie

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mara : also thanks for explaining re Report Post..
Thanks Traveling GAl: good point re visiting a forum to make us sad...Never thought of it myself..
thanks Aljdewey:its a fact that that forum may prompt a faster response but less traffic.Thanks for links you posted also..
Thanks to M zombie..
I''m not as frequent visitor/ poster here , so it was just an idea for the future..Your points make total sense..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results