shape
carat
color
clarity

What does 3 Sided Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I know the attached is a 3 sided pave ring. But what does 3 sided mean? I''m sorry to ask such a stupid question but I found it''s best to be as knowledgeable as possible when talking to jewelers. Thanks for all your help!
35.gif

3sided.GIF

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
No question is stupid!!!! 3-sided just means that you have pave on the top of the band AND on the two sides -- like on the one you show. The band here that I''m showing only has pave on the top -- so it''s "one-sided".

one-sided 1357.jpg

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
oops -- sorry the pic is sooooo big!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
That makes perfectly good sense. Thanks for your help!

36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 sided means the pave is not only on the top of the band, but also on both sides. The picture I'm attaching is only 1 sided pave...it's only on the top of the band. It's a pic of someone's ring guard...can't remember whose.

Edit: oops, someone beat me to it while I was typing.
1.gif

xyzo.jpg

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
anytime!! I don''t know nearly as much as most folks here -- but I love pave, so this was an easy one for me!! :) glad to help!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
what if the pave is only on one side, but not on the top?
2.gif
hehe

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Then you have one funky looking ring!! but I''m sure it''s been done!!! I''ve seen a lot of wacky looking designs since I started lurking around here!!! There was a thread a while back with tons of strange looking rings -- mosty pulled from other sites -- but I don''t recall anyting like what you''re talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results