What do you upgrade more often?

Which do you upgrade more often?

• My car

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • My house

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
And how often? A couple of recent threads got me thinking on this topic.
(First time trying to start a poll, I hope this works right)

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
neither, i think i upgrade my cell phone more than anything

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 1:11:16 PM
Author: ficklefaye
oooh... ditto at least every two years come renewal time.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I did think about cell phones, but figured that would skew the results, so tried to stick to bigger ticket items.

EDT: For me it would be computers. I am looking for a new laptop, which will only be my third new computer in the last eight years--I upgrade components in the computers about once a year, it seems like. Once upon a time it would have been cars.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think most people''s answer would vary from year to year ... mine would. In this case, now, I had to upgrade my computer most recently so I voted for that. Over the years I''ve had more computers than cars. (Or diamonds). And even cell phones really! Luckily my latest computer was a nearly brand new hand-me-down from hubby when he got a new one from his work. Yay!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, not to skew your result, I will vote for Cars. I''ve had 6 cars in the last 10 years.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t really "upgrade" diamonds, but I certainly have been adding to my collection more than I''ve upgraded my laptop (mine is 3.5 years old), car (just bought it, but I buy a new one every 3 years), or cell phone (got one for my birthday last October, but I had a RAZR before I got my iPhone that had to have been 4.5 years old).

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Computers for sure. I am hard on them, and we use... umm... four at work which I have to take care of and purchase, three at home (one laptop for me, one laptop for him, and one music computer for him). So there''s always one that''s about to kick the bucket.

Cars, I drive til they die. Always. I just had an ''02 Ford Focus die in a very final manner at me. Finally learned to drive a stick, adopted the old Honda we had, and am currently in the process of waiting for it to die next. I think the boy changed the oil in that car maybe four times? and it''s well over 100K miles. It''ll die soon, trust me. So far I''ve driven an ''87 Hyundai into the ground, a ''97 Geo Prism which got totaled while parked, and the Focus. I gave the Focus''s carcass to a friend who is married to a mechanic and he got it moving- it has a population of jumping spiders which live in the dashboard, spawning new generations, a portable lake in the passenger side, and a mold garden in the back, as well as a bunch of poppyseeds that sprout periodically on the back floorboards. But, it moves now. Which is more than her old car did!

My ring is not gonna change in the forseeable future. With a 3.55ct OEC, I''m done.

Don''t own a house. We do own commercial property, though.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think computers and diamonds are tied for me.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 1:48:00 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
I gave the Focus''s carcass to a friend who is married to a mechanic and he got it moving- it has a population of jumping spiders which live in the dashboard, spawning new generations, a portable lake in the passenger side, and a mold garden in the back, as well as a bunch of poppyseeds that sprout periodically on the back floorboards. But, it moves now. Which is more than her old car did!

LMFAO! That is AWESOME.

I go through computers like mad. Like, one every one or two years, and constantly updating the hardware. My husband is a big techie and likes to upgrade his stuff, so I always get his old stuff - which is fine with me!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jet,you forgot....bf/gf and/or husband and wife.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laptops. New one every 2 years.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:12:45 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Saving that one for you, DF!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted computers as I am done upgrading diamonds....for now......
28.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:59:35 PM
Author: jet2ks

Date: 7/17/2009 2:12:45 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Saving that one for you, DF!
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 1:11:16 PM
Author: ficklefaye
Ditto, but I voted house (even though technically I''m still an apartment dweller...) because I''ve moved twice since my last computer purchase.

I don''t upgrade jewelry, I buy new items if anything. I''ve only ever had one car. I''ve had the same computer for 3.5 years, the last one I had for 2 years before giving it to my brother. I''ve moved about every year and a half on average for the past 7 years, but college took up more than half of that.

Actually come to think of it, I only upgrade my phone when eligible for subsidized pricing, which is every two years. So my housing still qualifies as the most frequent upgrade!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 1:48:00 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
I gave the Focus''s carcass to a friend who is married to a mechanic and he got it moving- it has a population of jumping spiders which live in the dashboard, spawning new generations, a portable lake in the passenger side, and a mold garden in the back, as well as a bunch of poppyseeds that sprout periodically on the back floorboards. But, it moves now. Which is more than her old car did!
23.gif

BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!! That is classic!!!

I''m a gamer. My computer gets regular upgrades.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results