shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prober

Rough_Rock
I wanted to get some opinions on this stone
GIA Round Brillant
6.49*6.52*3.99
1.02 ct
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth 61.3%
Table 55%
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Cutlet: None
Polish/Symmetry: EX/Ex
No Fluoresence

Sarin Data AGS cut grade )
Diam. 6.50mm (6.49-6.51)
Depth: 3.97mm 61.1%
Crown: 34.9mm 15.2%
Pavilion: 40.9mm 42.9%
Table: 3.66mm 56%
Culet: 0.8% Very small
Girdle: 1.0thin-1.4medium 1.2%

Was wondering what you guys thought, Price on stone is $5800

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey prober
35.gif

welcome!

can you get crown/pavilion angles and an idealscope image?

prober

Rough_Rock
angles
crown 34.9
pavillion 40.9

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
emthup.gif
thanks
have you seen this stone in person and compared it with others?
if not, do you have an idealscope image?

prober

Rough_Rock
Have not seen stone. I am waiting for a local jeweler to get stone in and do not have any idealscope images. I am just looking for an exceptionally brilliant stone and looking to stay in a budget.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m sure you will not be displeased. have you looked at many stones yet? perhaps the jeweler could bring in a few options for you to consider?

prober

Rough_Rock
GIA cert also states surface graining not shown, Will this effect the stones appearance?

prober

Rough_Rock
Do you guys think I should have jeweler get in in this stone for me to see? Is this a fair price for this stone?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 8:22:45 PM
Author: prober
GIA cert also states surface graining not shown, Will this effect the stones appearance?
Nothing to worry about. It's a natural part of the diamond's growth - slight ridges caused by a change in the direction of the grain. To see surface graining you would need to find the right angle under high magnification, so for the grader to show surface graining on the plot would make it appear far more significant than it is. It's considered in the total clarity grade.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 10:12:07 PM
Do you guys think I should have jeweler get in in this stone for me to see? Is this a fair price for this stone?
sure! why not? it is probably better than the standard fare available at most stores. the price is in line with what you would expect to pay at a b&m.

prober

Rough_Rock
Would I get a much better stone purchasing online through maybe whiteflash. I wanted to find a stone alittle over a carat in G-H range. Would ACA by whiteflash be a much more brilliant stone? I really couldnt find any stones on whiteflash site that fit my criteria of eyeclean SI1 at this price. Any help would be appreciated.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 11:18:43 PM
Would I get a much better stone purchasing online through maybe whiteflash. I wanted to find a stone alittle over a carat in G-H range. Would ACA by whiteflash be a much more brilliant stone? I really couldnt find any stones on whiteflash site that fit my criteria of eyeclean SI1 at this price. Any help would be appreciated.
you can't really determine eye-clean by looking at pictures or plots. ags graded si1's are usually pretty safe. if you find a stone you are interested in, give them a call and ask if it is eye-clean.

i would defintely look into this one and this one
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results