shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lsdoles

Rough_Rock
i just bought this ring any ideas on what it might be worth? Here is the info on the ring.
One stamped and tested 14KT white gold ladies amethyst and diamond bridge ring with a two layered split, flat shank with a bright polish finish. The center of the ring features a partial bezel set, rectangular shaped amethyst. Surrounding the top and bottom of the amethyst is a row of seventeen bead set, single cut diamonds. Set along each side of the split shank are ten bead set, single cut diamonds. Each side of the lower portion of the two layered ring contains an additional ten bead set, single cut diamonds.

Size 6

Weight 10.44 grams containing:

One bezel set rectangular standard step cut natural amethyst, measuring 15.80 x 10.00 x 6.80mm, approximate weight of 8.50ct., clarity is eye clean, type II, medium, very slightly grayish, purple color, (GIA P 5/3)

Seventy-four bar set single cut diamonds, measuring 1.22 – 1.20 x 0.75mm (depth est.) approximate total weight of 74 Stones = 0.50ct.; Clarity I-1; Color I

Total Weight of Colored Stones 8.50ct.

Total Weight of Diamonds 0.50ct.

null

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you re-post the picture? I’m afraid it did not show up. Also, do you know the quality of the diamond melees (colour & clarity)?

ETA
I see that the quality of the melees are I1.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Even without the picture I''d worry that those teeny-tiny single cuts (if there''s 74 of them and they''re half a carat total, it means that many of them are under a point in weight) of I1 clarity won''t give you much sparkle. When I hear things like "bead set" and "total weight of diamonds 0.5 cts" and "I1 clarity" all regarding the same piece, my first thought is shopping networks and their "extraordinary quality" of "the rarest materials" - I''m being sarcastic here if someone wonders. I could be wrong, and this could end up being a lovely piece, but somehow I think the chances of that happening are slim.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it would be hard to tell much of anything without a picture. repost??

-A

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I1 clarity on melee does make me go
32.gif

But yes, it''s impossible to even guess without a picture.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Check out her avatar picture. I'm guessing this is the ring.

AmethystRing.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If that is a picture of the ring in question, then 99% of the value is the weight in the gold. Unfortunately, amethysts of that tone/color do not fetch much, and the diamonds are really too small. Pretty ring though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Burberry. I feel silly now. Duh! In looking at the picture, while it might have lots of little diamonds, they are incredibly miniscule and probably not worth very much. Amethysts are also inexpensive, especially those of commercial quality, unless it happens to have the blue or red flash of the Uruguay, Siberian, 4 Peaks, or Jackson Crossroads variety. I would put the value of it in the lower hundreds of dollars range.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Another from her avatar. I think this one shows the ring better.

amethystring2.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Linda, can I ask how much you paid for it? It is a very pretty ring :)

lsdoles

Rough_Rock
i only paid $ 219.00 for it

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2009 12:15:06 PM
Author: lsdoles
Then its likely its value.

The stone is grayish, which dosen''t help. There''s an abundance of amethyst so that center stone would have to be truely exceptional.

As long as you like it, then enjoy! I love the shape of the ring.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2009 1:04:31 PM
Author: Arcadian

Date: 12/9/2009 12:15:06 PM
Author: lsdoles
Then its likely its value.

The stone is grayish, which dosen''t help. There''s an abundance of amethyst so that center stone would have to be truely exceptional.

As long as you like it, then enjoy! I love the shape of the ring.

-A
I agree that is a very fair price for that ring.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Considering only the amount of gold, you paid very little indeed. And if you add the cost to have all those diamonds set (plus their actual cost as loose stones) and a fairly large amethyst (although not really exceptional in quality), it''s a real bargain. Price would be quite OK even if it would be a silver ring of that weight with so many diamonds and an amethyst.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with what everyone has already said. The ring is really pretty, and I hope you enjoy it :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful, a great everyday fun piece.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results