shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Tsavorite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I think the cut on the round one is great but somehow I prefer the colour of the pear one, I think. The round seems to have a little brown tone on it, or is that just my screen?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 3:06:01 PM
Author: simplysplendid
I think the cut on the round one is great but somehow I prefer the colour of the pear one, I think. The round seems to have a little brown tone on it, or is that just my screen?
I don't see any brown. Maybe it's my screen?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t see any browns in the round. Might be a screen colour thing.
33.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Or maybe it''s my eyes! gosh! it''s 3:30am already..

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
And you''re still surfing PS?
2.gif

Btw, there are tanzanites of a similar size that I could throw into the equation.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! still surfing and looking out for bling, heh. I put my little boy to bed and fell asleep with him pretty early in the night, so I ended up wide awake at 2am and decided to get up to ogle at some new spess. Please post pictures of the tanzanites..

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn, Tsavorite #3 is smaller than ##1 and 2.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just spoke with Leon. He suggested haloing the stones and making danglies. What do you think of his idea?

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
When I first saw the pear, I immediately liked the color of the round better. I don''t know if it''s just the picture, or what, but the pear looks "fuzzier." It doesn''t have the more pure crystalline appearance of the round. Is anyone seeing that as well?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve nixed the pear.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yes, yes, yes - I second Leon''s idea of halos!
18.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You would.
2.gif
I wonder how much that will cost.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update:
I bought the tsavorites before I left for my vacation, along with a pair of blue sapphires. I'm thinking of making them into simple studs, but Leon has a great-sounding idea that we'll be discussing tomorrow.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH Boy Harriet, can''t wait to hear Leon''s idea!!!

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
He suggested haloing the tsavorites and making dangles. Tempting ...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Harriet, those would be Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
They might also be too expensive. I have 10 loose stones that need homes. I''d love to have Leon do them all, but that''s impossible.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I imagine it would be but......... wouldn''t it be wonderful if you could
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:08:36 AM
Author: Linda W
I imagine it would be but......... wouldn''t it be wonderful if you could
30.gif
Well, I could set 1 a year ...

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe he will have you put the stones together- like this!

two stone drop.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a great idea Harriet, Set one a year. Now your talking!!!!!!! I''ll be sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:16:32 AM
Author: Green with Envy
Oh my!
Btw, have you bought your green stone?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:17:54 AM
Thats a great idea Harriet, Set one a year. Now your talking!!!!!!! I''ll be sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous

Linda
Nothing to be jealous of, Ms. Padparascha.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Yes you are right. I guess I am Ms. Padparadscha
30.gif
In fact, I just bought 3 more little stones from NSC. I don''t know what to do with them. Maybe I have them made into one pendant, showing the different colors of the Padparadscha.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea!
Incidentally, I''m thinking of paying NSC a visit.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:18:03 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 8/31/2007 12:16:32 AM
Oh my!
Btw, have you bought your green stone?
I posted one Richard Homer cut for me. I don''t know how to link... but it is on "more good options" It is a soft mint and the right color- but not a WOW stone by itself. So my cat eye quest is sort of put to bed temporarily- but I bet I could find a better option with right color AND some more sparkle (prassiolite is kind of boring- thank goodness RH made it look great) This is why i am dying to see your mint tourmaline! Paraiba Intl has an awesome mint tourmaline princess cut that I thought maybe you bought! My BF wants to get me a tourmaline for my birthday -my birthstone- but I don''t want a pink one so being sort of liberal with birthstone color and searching for a bright blue/green tourmaline now!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NOW I really will be jealous Harriet. You will get to meet Steven Bliss. He is wonderful!!!!! I talk to him on the phone all the time. LOL LOL.

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:39:40 AM

I posted one Richard Homer cut for me. I don''t know how to link... but it is on ''more good options'' It is a soft mint and the right color- but not a WOW stone by itself. So my cat eye quest is sort of put to bed temporarily- but I bet I could find a better option with right color AND some more sparkle (prassiolite is kind of boring- thank goodness RH made it look great) This is why i am dying to see your mint tourmaline! Paraiba Intl has an awesome mint tourmaline princess cut that I thought maybe you bought! My BF wants to get me a tourmaline for my birthday -my birthstone- but I don''t want a pink one so being sort of liberal with birthstone color and searching for a bright blue/green tourmaline now!
I''ll go look at the one cut for you. I wish I could buy the princess from Paraiba, but it''s out of my price range. My cushion is from them and is really bright.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:46:53 AM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NOW I really will be jealous Harriet. You will get to meet Steven Bliss. He is wonderful!!!!! I talk to him on the phone all the time. LOL LOL.

Linda
9.gif

I think my next acquisition will be a spinel, and not a sapphire though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results