shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all...I've been lurking and learning and now have chosen a stone within our budget. I was set on a H&A RB close to 1 ct. After looking and looking...I today came across this stone:

http://www.elmyrservices.com/stonepreview.php?id=10a3bf549a54c4b73285c3342a33f3b4&cid=2

I've spoken to Wink via email and yes, I see the inclusion at 9 oclock so it's not completely 'eye clean' but can be covered with a prong since it's on the outer edge. I think for the budget this seems to be a nice stone. I own currently an SI2 D marquise so I'm ok with this clarity...just thought I'd get some other opinions too.
Wink and I are going to talk Monday and make arrangements for me to view the stone in person.
Thanks for your responses :)

Edited to Add: 1.2 - Excellent
within TIC range on the cut advisor

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id buy it.
Wink rocks I bought my diamond for my ring from him.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I emailed him on it late this afternoon and was shocked that on Saturday afternoon/evening he got back to me and not just once...like 4 other times. That''s service!
I''m very excited to see it...and now am trying to think if I do like it what kind of solataire setting I''ll like it best in.
Thanks again!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
You can''t go wrong with Wink, he''s highly respected on this forum and is a genuine and knowledgeable guy. If the inclusion is prongable then I think the stone you''re considering is a winner, at an excellent price. One thing''s for sure, Wink will give you his honest opinion and that''s worth listening to. GOOD LUCK!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2006 6:16:18 AM
Author: MiniMouse
You can''t go wrong with Wink, he''s highly respected on this forum and is a genuine and knowledgeable guy. If the inclusion is prongable then I think the stone you''re considering is a winner, at an excellent price. One thing''s for sure, Wink will give you his honest opinion and that''s worth listening to. GOOD LUCK!
What Min said!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you...I''m hoping when I see it, I''ll know it''s the one!
Any other comments or suggestions within this budget range are welcomed...I tried to do as much homework and learning as I could and hoped I could make a wise consumer purchase based on my findings...we''ll see!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink is great! No problems in that department!

But I can never ppen those pictures from his site! Wonder why?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wink is great!! Can''t wait to see what you think of it. Sounds like it could be the one good luck!!
1.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2006 4:20:32 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Awww, that sucks! I wanted to at least give you the specs as I''ve seen you give very valuable feedback to others:

0.92 G SI2 1.2-EX
ex-ex-ex-vg 0
H&A 61.1% 57% 34.2° 40.8° 1.3-3.4% id id no 6.27-6.29x3.84 AGS $3439

It''s got one visible inclusion on the outer edge that Wink told me could be covered by a prong. I will be speaking with him further tomorrow on the phone to get more info but aside from that...it looks good to my untrained eyes.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2006 5:20:38 PM
Author: Small

Date: 2/26/2006 4:20:32 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Awww, that sucks! I wanted to at least give you the specs as I''ve seen you give very valuable feedback to others:

0.92 G SI2 1.2-EX

ex-ex-ex-vg 0
H&A 61.1% 57% 34.2° 40.8° 1.3-3.4% id id no 6.27-6.29x3.84 AGS $3439

It''s got one visible inclusion on the outer edge that Wink told me could be covered by a prong. I will be speaking with him further tomorrow on the phone to get more info but aside from that...it looks good to my untrained eyes.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Gosh, that was really nice of you! Thanks!

I am ordinarily afraid of SI2''s unless it is a situation like you have just mentioned. I have one and was completely happy until the first time I saw it under a loupe! Lol! But if Wink says that the inclusion can probably be hidden by a prong, you may be getting one of those rare good deals. Everything else looks good to my amateur eyes. Wish I could see that picture, though!!! I need to figure out why I can''t since apparently others can!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah...wish you could see it too! Don''t know what the deal is...I can see it just fine. If I knew how to post the pictures here I would. But I have no idea how to copy them and paste them here.
I know alot of people don''t like SI2...I personally don''t mind it if I can''t see the inclusion that''s why I''ll have to chat more with him. I can see it right on the picture and if it was dead center I''d have to pass but with it being on the outer edge...I''m at least leaving myself open to the possibility given all the other great aspects.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori emailed me the picture since it wouldn''t attach for her. We are having multiple technological problems today! I agree that the inclusion is well placed to be covered! It will be great when Wink can look at it for you and describe what he sees in person. It does look like a great prospect!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for taking so much time to look at that (and all the trouble lol) for me. I do appreciate your feedback. Thank you to Tacori for the email and attachment as well!
I''ll let you know how it ends up. Fingers crossed that I''ve found a good deal on an excellent stone :)

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey Small,

I personally think that you are choosing a great stone.

We have adapted the price, because the inclusion is not eye-clean, but we think it is definitely prongable.

Enjoy,

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Paul...I''ve spoken with Wink and can''t wait to see it :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
small
35.gif

you''re in good hands...
Paul''s gang "Infinity" cuts beautiful stones
30.gif
Wink is an ex vendor.
36.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dancing Fire...it''s great to hear such positive things about the diamond I''ve chosen and about the sellers. I''ll keep you all updated on how it goes.
Any and all feedback is appreciated. I am continually learning new things every day here. This forum is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results