shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this spinel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I lurk around here a lot but I was just wondering what you guys thought of this spinel http://www.customgemstones.com/SPINEL/sp1223.html

From the picture it looks like a really sparkly stone, but in real life would it be more gray or a different color than it looks in the picture?

The only gemstone I really own is a tanzanite pendant that I got as a gift but I just love looking at all of your wonderful colored pieces and hopefully will purchase some of my own sometime soon. I am really drawn to spinels for some reason. I guess because of all of the different colors they come in.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to tell you aggal, that I believe that particular stone is already spoken for.
40.gif

Having said that I think it''s quite beautiful.
1.gif

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I figured someone on here already has spotted it. LOL

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2010 11:30:02 PM
Author:aggal06
Hi all, I lurk around here a lot but I was just wondering what you guys thought of this spinel http://www.customgemstones.com/SPINEL/sp1223.html

From the picture it looks like a really sparkly stone, but in real life would it be more gray or a different color than it looks in the picture?

The only gemstone I really own is a tanzanite pendant that I got as a gift but I just love looking at all of your wonderful colored pieces and hopefully will purchase some of my own sometime soon. I am really drawn to spinels for some reason. I guess because of all of the different colors they come in.
It's a very popular colour on PS, I noticed.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Drop Dan an email, anyways. He might be able to a similar stone for you.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
It looks to be quite pretty. Probably not as dark as many of Dan''s spinels! Worth sending an email, for sure.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot tell what this stone would look like IRL based on Dan''s photos. To me, spinels seem to always look better in vendor''s photos rather than the customer''s. Does someone have this same color and can post a picture of it?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 1:56:57 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I cannot tell what this stone would look like IRL based on Dan''s photos. To me, spinels seem to always look better in vendor''s photos rather than the customer''s. Does someone have this same color and can post a picture of it?

TL,
speaking from my relatively narrow experience in buying only 3 spinels but all from different cutters, all of mine look just like the vendor photos.
I suspect my purple spinel oval from Gene (some pics over in my lavender spinel thread), could be a similar RL colour to this one..

(there''s also a thread around just on that purple one)..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results