shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this spinel....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

historychick

Shiny_Rock
Hello all, I have not posted for a while...bad pricescoper, but school has taken up quite a bit of my time recently. I have a bit of extra cash to throw around (read less than $500) and am looking to make a gem stone purchase. What do you guys think of this spinel? It comes in under budget but I''m worried about the dark areas. I would love some opinions. Thanks all.

11822-Spinel.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s a nice stone, but you''re right that it has quite a few areas of extinction. Now, I''m pretty sure it wouldn''t turn out to be too dark once set, but if you mind extinction then maybe you should keep looking. I guess I''m not of much help
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see some fine spotting all over the stone. Is it just dust?
Spinels are also notorious for extinction. I would ask the vendor about how much extinction it has in person.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
color looks a little splotchy (extinction), I''m a big fan of fantastic cut, not only to make the gemstone color stand out, but also interesting to look at. If it were me, and for that amount, I might have to keep looking but thats just me personally. Ask for more pictures if this is top on your list and defiitely in different lighting condition.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it might have visible inclusions...or in the magnified photo they distract me. The cut also doesn''t show up very well, those areas of extinctin would bother me. If you love the color and it''s the only one like that you''ve seen then get some more photos of it or check it out in person.

Sometimes magnified photos really don''t show the stone at it''s best. HTH

historychick

Shiny_Rock
thanks for your input guys, I will ask for more pics from the vendor and will also request more info about those surface spots and extinction.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results