shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this setting for my paraiba?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was looking at this. I wrote LOGR and told him the stones size, and he can custom make it for just 38$ more. I also am going to have it transformed into a prong setting instead of bezel.

What do you think? I love the look, and the hidden and peekaboo diamonds. HAHA might help if I add a link eh?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220519347832&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Do you think the paraiba would look good in rose gold? I LOVE rose gold, and I kinda think the blue/pink might look pretty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, prongs are good and also gives you some wiggle room. Are you going with yellow gold? Rose will be nice too if it isn't too coppery.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not a big fan of yellow gold...all my jewelry is silver or white gold (and a pink gold piece or 2). It will either be pink or white gold....dont know what though..

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is a pic of the ring with my stone in it. Dont mind my limited microsoft paint copy/paste abilities LOL!

I think it looks nice!

022a.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Tropicgal,
I have that setting, and my asscher spessartite is in it. Look at my gallery pictures and you''ll see it. I actually upgraded the diamonds on it to VS full cuts, and it looks like a really expensive setting. The diamonds are awesome and the workmanship is great for LOGR. The only caveat is that I wouldn''t bezel it since it might chip the stone. I would get prongs added to it, and I would ask Stephan how much prongs would cost. The reason I say that is that my jeweler charged $30 per prong on that ring and it would probably be a lot less expensive to do it through LOGR.

I think cuprians look great with rose gold, but I like them best with yellow gold. This particular ring is a copy of the Tiffany Legacy, and I live near three Tiffany & Co''s, and I have to say that I don''t notice that big of a difference in my particular setting (this version) and the Tiff & Co. In fact LaurenThePartier, who has several of these settings, had a Tiffany Sales Associate mistake her LOGR for a Tiff!!!
6.gif

In any case, I love that setting, and I hope you get it.
2.gif
I really am excited for you!
36.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
TL- do you find that your asscher fits well into the LOGR legacy even though it's not a cushion?

End threadjack

p.s. - I think that your paraiba will look lovely in that setting. It's one of my favorites. And I also think you should have LOGR add prongs.
1.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe try a yellow gold head? That stone really cries out for yellow gold.

-A

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/7/2009 2:59:13 PM
Author: Arcadian

-A
So thats what that sound was...and here I thought we had a cat under the house again. *dislikes yellow gold* LOL.
The only yellow gold I have is on my bracelet..but it is just the Xs between diamonds. I have actually been thinking of having that rhodium plated as well :-X.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s the setting I mentioned in your other thread. The basket is fairly substantial so should do the trick. I have this setting with an Umbalite Garnet and it''s got prongs (put on by LOGR). If you search on my name, you should find photos of it. I can''t remember if I upgraded the diamonds but I think I may have done in that one. As TL said it''s a really good setting and well made. One word of caution, with prongs it does sit high on the finger - I don''t know how you wear your rings but thought I''d mention it.

In terms of metal colours (and this will come as no surprise to TL), I most definitely wouldn''t go with rose gold. White gold will bring out the coolness of the colour but yellow gold will enhance the blue and the neon-ness. I know you don''t like yellow gold but have a search on this forum for Paraibas and you''ll probably see a range of white and yellow gold settings to help you make up your mind.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do 18K yellow gold. My recut cuprian is in an 18K yellow gold LOGR and it looks awesome in there. The buttery richness of the 18K yellow gold looks really nice with cuprians.

RFT,
I think it the asscher fits well in there. However, if you are a perfectionist, the cushion shape against the "square" body of the asscher, might bug you.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
TropicGal, I''m with you in not normally being a yellow gold girl, but I have to say, I''ve noticed Paraibas just POP in YG. If you have a WG and YG band you could use to take pictures next to the stone, you''ll get an idea of how it would look.

Date: 12/7/2009 11:17:31 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Hi Tropicgal,
I have that setting, and my asscher spessartite is in it. Look at my gallery pictures and you''ll see it. I actually upgraded the diamonds on it to VS full cuts, and it looks like a really expensive setting. The diamonds are awesome and the workmanship is great for LOGR. The only caveat is that I wouldn''t bezel it since it might chip the stone. I would get prongs added to it, and I would ask Stephan how much prongs would cost. The reason I say that is that my jeweler charged $30 per prong on that ring and it would probably be a lot less expensive to do it through LOGR.

I think cuprians look great with rose gold, but I like them best with yellow gold. This particular ring is a copy of the Tiffany Legacy, and I live near three Tiffany & Co''s, and I have to say that I don''t notice that big of a difference in my particular setting (this version) and the Tiff & Co. In fact LaurenThePartier, who has several of these settings, had a Tiffany Sales Associate mistake her LOGR for a Tiff!!!
6.gif

In any case, I love that setting, and I hope you get it.
2.gif
I really am excited for you!
36.gif
LOL, TL - well, to LOGR''s credit, the T&Co SA also thought my e-ring was a cushion - so take that mistake with a tiny grain of salt.
9.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2009 3:14:16 PM
Author: Tropicgal10

Date: 12/7/2009 2:59:13 PM
Author: Arcadian

-A
So thats what that sound was...and here I thought we had a cat under the house again. *dislikes yellow gold* LOL.
The only yellow gold I have is on my bracelet..but it is just the Xs between diamonds. I have actually been thinking of having that rhodium plated as well :-X.
lol... I can hear it crying WAY OVER HERE
39.gif

Trust me I can concur. I have one mixed gold ring where the stone just didn''t work in white gold no matter how hard I tried. With the yellow head the stone really popped, and all the properties I loved about it made me love it even more. But if you hate yellow gold that much, then go with the white. But its begging for yellow. can''t you hear the begging?
39.gif

-A

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! First crying and now begging...man. I will think about it and look into it more ;-). But I wont make any promises :razz:.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the setting you have picked out. And I am staying OUT of the Gold Color Debate. I prefer white but sometimes stones demand Yellow...I am hoping to buy a stone that demands White in 2010.
9.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok Ok...I was thinking about this setting, and although it is BEAUTIFUL I heard it sits high on the finger. I am not a big fan of high finger rings. I wear very simple jewelry and I am kind of thinking this ring may be too over the top for my style....

This one sprung out at me also....it is MUCH more simple but I LOVE the flower mounting head and the filligree type design on the side. This is something that would fit me more and I could wear any day (As I dont go anywhere fancy with 2 young kids). The mounting also has a closed basket to close up my window.
What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390126621856&_trksid=p2759.l1259

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2009 10:45:41 PM
Ok Ok...I was thinking about this setting, and although it is BEAUTIFUL I heard it sits high on the finger. I am not a big fan of high finger rings. I wear very simple jewelry and I am kind of thinking this ring may be too over the top for my style....

This one sprung out at me also....it is MUCH more simple but I LOVE the flower mounting head and the filligree type design on the side. This is something that would fit me more and I could wear any day (As I dont go anywhere fancy with 2 young kids). The mounting also has a closed basket to close up my window.
What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390126621856&_trksid=p2759.l1259
If you''re a simple kind of lady, that might be the setting for you, but I like the other one because

1) This setting looks ordinary to me. The LOGR legacy looks like a much finer piece of jewelry. It''s more money than this one, but it''s a much better value.

2) I think the halo will be better for giving it more saturation and closing up the window.

3) The diamonds on this one are much smaller and I love lots of bling. I like to see my diamonds and the one on this one are not that noticable. The diamonds on the LOGR legacies are not only more, but they''re pretty good sized diamonds!

I have three small children, but I love my bling!!
31.gif
11.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the simple setting you posted. BUT without seeing them in person it would be hard to pick one. Personally I like my rings set low and I don''t need alot of bling.

But I do like the legacy style one you posted first. And TL would have better info about the settings because she''s bought from LOGR before. Maybe buy both and compare??

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I showed hubby both and he likes the simpler ring more too. He agrees its more my style. Trust me, I love my bling too (why I upgraded my wedding ring to the 2.8 monster I have now) but I dont want 'too much' bling you know. You need to think also, I have size 4 fingers. A 2.5ct rock with alot of flash and metal might look gaudy on me.

I think that is the one I am going to go with though. It will be the one I will feel most comfortable in. As for ordinary, how many people have a huge paraiba tourmaline on their finger ;-).

HAHA @ buying both. Hubby would kill me! I have a .69ct demantoid comming in a few days, so I will get to pick out something for that too :razz:.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2009 11:05:23 PM
I showed hubby both and he likes the simpler ring more too. He agrees its more my style. Trust me, I love my bling too (why I upgraded my wedding ring to the 2.8 monster I have now) but I dont want ''too much'' bling you know. You need to think also, I have size 4 fingers. A 2.5ct rock with alot of flash and metal might look gaudy on me.

I think that is the one I am going to go with though. It will be the one I will feel most comfortable in. As for ordinary, how many people have a huge paraiba tourmaline on their finger ;-).

HAHA @ buying both. Hubby would kill me! I have a .69ct demantoid comming in a few days, so I will get to pick out something for that too :razz:.
That''s true!!
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I got this one from Gene!

Lori

GENERHODOLITEGARNET313.png

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 12:04:58 AM
Author: loriken214
I got this one from Gene!

Lori
SORRY, I POSTED IN THE WRONG THREAD.....
38.gif

Lori

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Tropicgal,

Nice setting you posted (LOGR). I think either a RG or YG looks good and will compliment its cool color. Keep us posted ''cos your ring project looks promising
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link doesn’t work because the setting is no longer there. Tropic, I guess you bought it? Did anyone keep a picture of it? Is it a white metal?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tropic I doubt whether the basket on that setting (which I love btw) will close up the window. The setting is very very open so probably isn''t going to do the trick. Having said that, if the window doesn''t bother you anyway then you should go for the setting YOU love and will wear.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok...I am back to being indecisive.....

I went to a jewelry store today and saw the exact same legasy ring. It was very pretty....and I liked it.....
AHH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results