shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this ring/diamond combo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cascadejim

Rough_Rock
Hi all, so now that xmas time is over I''m on with the E-ring hunt. I think I found a set-up I really like and was wondering how it would look, etc.

My girl has a 5.5 ring size or so (according to her friend) and I am looking at a Tiffany Style 6 prong like this: http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-6-Prong-Tiffany-Style_667.htm from WhiteFlash. This would be combined with a 1.51 CT J color VS2 Depth 61 and Table of 55 which should provide a nice sparkle. I am a little worried as the stone says it has "good" symmetry and "good" polish. It measures: 7.42-7.44X4.55 and is EGL certed, not GIA
7.gif
, but I feel it''s a pretty solid deal. I can pick this ring up for just under $6k.

My questions are:
How will that look on a 5.5 finger?
Will the "good''s" (symmetry and polish) ruin the nice depth and table?

She''s certainly no expert regarding diamonds so I am looking for something that will flash and sparkle, a nice size and no visible flaws that one of her "eagle eye" co-workers may find.
25.gif

Thanks in advance for help. I love this forum!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EGL provides crown height and pavilion depth % on the report. What are those ? The extra details about cut make EGL reports a good news, IMO. I would try the HCA on those numbers.

The diamond should turn out great given ring size and all, assuming the cut is ok indeed. Numbers help with the guesswork about cut, but the actual looks remains to be seen. Also, J color on EGL report may mean borderline J/K in GIA terms (hence the discount), but this also remains to be seen. There has been a larger K color ring on show here recently and a 3 carat H&A cut M a bit back. IMO, the color grade will not be in any way dissapointing provided the particular stone looks fine, and fine looks have much to do with cut. Proportions would be lots more important than the good/good on polish and symmetry.

There is quite a bit more detail in the tutorial on top of the page (under "Knowledge").

IMO, those other numbers and an Ideal Scope picture of this one would give allot more to talk about and a reasonably precise impression of the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results