shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this red spinel?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I''m really loving all the different colors you can get!

sp1221.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way way way way too dark. His stones are overlit in the photos as it is. If it''s dark in the photo, it will look black in person.

THANK YOU! I am brand new to spinel...and I think I want something red. I know that is $$$$$.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes it''s kind of dark. Plus his photos tend to show the stones one shade lighter.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2010 2:41:33 PM
Author: ShinyIsMyFavoriteColor
THANK YOU! I am brand new to spinel...and I think I want something red. I know that is $$$$$.
Unfortunately, you're going to have to spend quite a bit to get a red spinel that doesn't go extinct. I don't think Dan Stair sells that quality of red spinel. His stones are priced more for the budget conscious.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone else that it is going to be very dark in person. At best, you might get some purplish red flash under strong lighting. You are correct that a nice bright red is going to cost $$$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results