shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this proposal idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lakerkobe

Rough_Rock
I "technically" already proposed, but I did so with a ring that had not yet been sized to fit her finger. The proposal was nothing special and I told her I would propose again once the ring was ready. So here is what I am going to do...

I already have the ring back from the jeweler, but she thinks it''s not yet ready. I told her we need to go by the jeweler tomorrow afternoon to make sure it fits and pcik it up, etc. The jewelry store has agreed to play along and tell us that the ring is not yet ready. The ring is going to be in my pocket, and I will act extremely disappointed and sorry, etc.

I am packing some picnic foods (cheese, crackers, chocolate, strawberries, etc.). After they tell us that the ring is not ready, I am going to tell her I had this nice picnic planned at one of the local wineries. They have a nice secluded picnic area where you can eat and drink their wines. I''ll suggest we just go by there anyways and take advantage of the food I packed. She will be understandably disappointed. They have a bottle of champagne that I am going to buy and open at the picnic area along with the food. When she is not looking I am going to put the ring in her champagne flute and ask, "What is that in your glass?"

I am hoping the surprise will overwhelm her. She won''t be expecting it, having already been told by the jeweler that the ring is not ready.

Thoughts?

lakerkobe

Rough_Rock
Actually... now I am not so sure if I should do the whole ring in the champagne flute or just pull the box from my pocket and surprise her down on my knee.

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Either way sounds lovely. Good luck and report back!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer pulling the ring box out over dropping it into her glass.

lakerkobe

Rough_Rock
So I ended up pulling the ring from my pocket rather than put the ring in the champagne glass. It was quite a day. There was about a 30 minute drive from the jeweler to the winery... and those 30 minutes were NOT FUN. :)

She was pretty ticked at me for not having called the jeweler first to make sure the ring was ready. But... she excited and apologetic as soon as she realized what had happended.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to you both! Do you have pictures to show us?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2005 12:17:09 PM
Author: lakerkobe
So I ended up pulling the ring from my pocket rather than put the ring in the champagne glass. It was quite a day. There was about a 30 minute drive from the jeweler to the winery... and those 30 minutes were NOT FUN. :)

She was pretty ticked at me for not having called the jeweler first to make sure the ring was ready. But... she excited and apologetic as soon as she realized what had happended.
I bet not....still how fun!

lakerkobe

Rough_Rock
I will try to get some pictures and upload them. :)

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Very sweet! I also prefer dropping to one knee instead of putting the ring in the glass. Let us know how it goes and post ring pics!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations! I am glad it went perfect.

lakerkobe

Rough_Rock
Finally... a picture of the ring!

ringsnjl.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results