shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this pink tourmaline?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys,

I'm usually in Hangout but I found a ring this morning I'm thinking about but I'm not sure what to look for in a colored stone.

The ring is question is a "bubblegum" pear pink tourmaline in 18kt white gold. I don't have specifics on the stone as far as size yet but what do you think from the picture? I'm not in a hurry so if this stone isn't great then no biggie but I do love this style.

_1590.png

_1591.png

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice, looks slightly blueish? (could be my screen though) Are you looking at buying the entire ring or just the stone?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Arcadian,

I would be buying the whole ring as a late birthday present for myself :appl:

The tourmaline is measuring 10.5mm x 6.3mm and the seller is estimating the carat weight at 2.25-2.50 and approx 3/4 carat diamonds. To me, it does have a bluish tinge but I really dig it.

So the only hesitation I have is, could I wear this regularly? I tend to put jewelry on and wear it all the time. Is tourmaline too delicate for that?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are people that will wear tourmalines all the time and there's people that won't. Basically you should be perfectly fine if you take them off when you're doing activities like going to the gym, yard work, rock climbing, bowling, washing dishes, etc. You'd probably want to take it off before bedtime too because its a prong type setting.

IMO all stones can be risky to wear, some more than others, and even diamonds get chipped or crack if hit at the right angle.

Now that said, tourmalines are softer so take that into account when wearing. If you're not hard on your jewelry, I don't see an issue, wear and enjoy... YOLO right? :appl:

Glad you also see that blueish (or purplish tint) its very pretty, I wouldn't call it bubblegum pink though but I think some times those types of colors are subjective.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results