shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this one? Lots of advice please.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
33.gif
Princess cuts are going to be the death of me but I love them! PLease give me your valuable advice. What do you think of this one? Here are the stats:

2.51 Carats
depth: 64.8%
Table: 74%
P&S VG, VG
Clarity: VS2
Color: F
Culet:none
Girdle: Ex thin to medium
Meas: 7.93 x 7.78 x 5.04

Oh, is the girdle stat a really bad thing? Thanks again!!!!

JC

Shiny_Rock
Hi Christy42,

It looks like a nice princess cut to me. The length to width ratio is 1.01 which is almost perfectly square. Seeing that this diamond is a "VS2" should give you a very good chance at being "eye-clean". The "F" color will make this diamond look extremely white. I also like the depth and table percent of this diamond. It looks to have a very nice cut. It''s also rare to come across "VG" polish and symmetry ratings on a fancy shaped diamond. So that''s a plus as well. You may want to make sure that the "extremely thin" girdle rating isn''t going to affect the diamond seeing that it''s such a large diamond. Other than that everything else looks nice. Good luck....

35.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for responding. I never knew how hard it was to find a good princess cut. May I ask one more thing? Will that girdle affect the strength of the diamond?
33.gif

JC

Shiny_Rock
While there is a lot of concern with girdles that have "extremely thin" ratings in my experience very few customers have had problems. It's difficult to chip a diamond. However, this is a large diamond. It is also a princess cut. I would make sure that the "extremely thin" portion of the girdle is not near the four corners of the stone. If it is, than you'll need to qualify with the selling company and also a local jeweler that this will not cause structural integrity issues to your diamond. It may not be a problem at all. Just make sure that you take the proper precautions.....

1.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again, Josh. I''ll do that.

Christy

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
One quick Q,.............

With the table being larger than the depth, isn''t it possible for the diamond to take on a washed out look??
33.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
I''d heard that too . That is why I was hoping for some opnions. Another 2.09 carat diamond that I was looking at had the Depth and Table at closer %''s but it faced up more like a 1.7 or 1.75 carat. This one does look beautiful so far....More opinions are welcome, thanks a bunch.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results