shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this LOGR for my pink diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Should I keep it as white gold or have it pink gold? I want pink personally, but I want whatever will make the diamond look its pinkist. I am not the best at imagining what it will look like though LOL. I photoshopped my diamond into the ring. Color of the diamond is a tiny tad darker then RL, but it was taken in sunlight and best I got.

pinkringks998.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...can you photoshop onto pink gold? I'm bad at visualising, but I wonder would it bring out the colour more.

ETA lovely setting!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I dont have that capability wih my photoshop program. I can copy/paste/rotate and a few other minor fixings but cant (or dont know how) to change the color.

m00sie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Nice setting :)

I think it would look good in either rose or white gold but my pick would be white gold.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope someone who knows how to photoshop will be able to help; I''d like to see how it looks in rose gold too.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto, wanting to see this photoshopped in rose gold. That being said though, I suspect that the contrast with the white gold will make the diamond seem pinker, whereas the rose gold might have it appear as though it''s not as pink. Does that make any sense?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, anyone who knows how to photoshop rose gold would be very much apprecieated!!

The diamonds around it and down the shank are white. I really love rosegold and think with rose gold it might have a strawberry and vanilla icecream look to it KWIM? Actually, I wonder if LOGR can put chocolate diamonds down the shank, and keep the square halo white diamonds....

That would totally rock and it would look like a strawberry and vanilla sunday!! I am going to write and ask!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would do it with rose gold prongs, and keep the rest of the setting (including halo) in white gold. I think it will look lovely. My other setting idea would be to try a three stone look with two princess sidestones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tropic,
I would not do the whole ring in rose gold, it will swallow up the stone and it''s delicate color, in particular because LOGR''s pink alloy is so coppery. If I were you, I would try to find a setting with a basket and prongs that can be done in rose gold, and leave the rest in white gold. I don''t believe this setting can be done in two metal colors like that. I also don''t think LOGR can do solid rose gold prongs on their fully white pieces (only if the basket can be done in RG only). It might take some customization on LOGR''s part to get the perfect ring for your diamond.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I would do it in white gold, the pink gold will not help your diamond look pinker in my opinion. (As much as I love rose gold:)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For reference, I threw a small light pink diamond in a 14K rose gold LOGR just to see what it would look like. It overpowers the stone''s color I''m afraid.

TLpinkroseLOGR.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmm Ok. Thank you TL. You are a wonderful help as always. I will stick with the white gold then.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Good choice. Cause eventhough rose would in theory make your diamond more pink, that''s not something you would actually see for real, cause the contrast of the two shades of pink would be so hard to separate visually.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I would also highly recommend going with a two toned option, choosing a setting that could have a RG basket and prongs and the rest of the ring in WG and containing high white diamond melee to provide a nice contrast between your pink diamond. If you go all WG or RG I think your stone would be lost.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 5:53:17 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Tropic,
I would not do the whole ring in rose gold, it will swallow up the stone and it''s delicate color, in particular because LOGR''s pink alloy is so coppery. If I were you, I would try to find a setting with a basket and prongs that can be done in rose gold, and leave the rest in white gold. I don''t believe this setting can be done in two metal colors like that. I also don''t think LOGR can do solid rose gold prongs on their fully white pieces (only if the basket can be done in RG only). It might take some customization on LOGR''s part to get the perfect ring for your diamond.
Ditto entirely.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice stone! I think it will look stunning in WG. TFS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results