shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this earring project

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
So here''s what I have in mind. I have a pair of BGD bezel studs(RB) that measure 6mm across. I am looking for an inexpensive way to have fun with them. I''d like to make "dangle" jackets with some gemstones. So the jacket would attach to the post behind the diamond. Then 1-1.5 inch of chain with a stone at the bottom. I did speak with a jeweler and it looks like it would be pretty easy to do. If I chose to bezel the bottom stone it would become more expensive I assume.
Since purple is my favorite color I thought I''d start there. Finding pairs is not the easiest but this is what I found....which do you prefer or can you point me in another direction?

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280520582425&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3360wt_934

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350370134337&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2004wt_917

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Personally i like the pears better then the RB's it you are going to have them dangle. I would also look into briolites as well (sp?). Fly Girl has some great dangles- check out her stuff!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I found her garnet dangles. That is the idea but I want a longer dangle on a chain, more swingy. Anyone else have an idea? Do those pears look ok?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
IMO the pears are better stones. They''re a better matched set and have a great spark to them the amethysts are lacking.

Plus I love the idea of having that versatility in your earrings.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I prefer the RB too. This pair of pear has a big window!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
OK 2 votes for the pears 1 for the rbs. I need more input please.....maybe someone could point me to some decent bargain stones if what I found wasn't suiable

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for pears in dangle earrings.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shape-wise, I prefer pears for earrings. However, the pears have gaping windows but you may not mind that in earrings though. The rounds should sparkle better because the cutting is much better.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
OK so I am hearing a lot of people like the pear shape but not these pears. Between these 2 sets the round are the better stones. If I went with round this would be my inspiration. I already have these studs and I would do just one stone on the drop not 2
dangles

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results