shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this design?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I found this ring on Ebay, and its sorta...funky. I like it in a weird way. What do you all think?

BbgtJwB2kKGrHqYOKkIEq4umLUERBKwVoqRtJQ_12.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh...it has alot going on. Not sure if I'm liking it. hmmmm...

What is that red thing on the top? Is it a flower or a stone??

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, I appreciate your honesty. Recently, I''ve been loving the ''cocktail'' ring look, and I keep being attracted to anything big, clustered, or big clustered and colorful.

On this one, red and the pink seem to be stones, and some of the edges around look scalloped. I am glad I posted this before bidding! I probably need some sleep.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
This jeweller was really bored. Not something I''d ever give another look, sorry. There is a certain degree of visual balance in this piece, but mixing so many colors and also combining (or at least trying to) transparent stones with opaque ones...a bit too much for my taste. If it''s really affordable go for it, otherwise I''d keep looking.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
The ring isn''t one that I would pick out for myself, but there are some people who just have the personality to pull anything off and make it look cool. If that''s you, then the ring would probably end up being a piece that people would be like, "Wow, she''s totally mastered her own style." If not though, then they may just wonder what you were thinking.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it has too much going on.

Maybe you could take out the red tumbled stone and add an opal to balance the setting and it might look better...

I''d just pass on it.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I believe that the red tumbled stone could be round cut fire opal (just guessing though).

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry szh- I''d pass, looks a bit too much going on
15.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. It''s a little too much for me. If you''re looking for something funky I bet you could find something a lot cooler!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d like it better if it were in white gold and some of the pearls were replaced with something else.

But agreed, its kind of a frankenring.

-A

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think you''re right, I think it might be a fire opal. The big pink stone is said to be a ruby, but it seems a little too ''perfect'' to me. It is definitely a ''statement'' piece though...does anyone have any pics of interesting/eclectic rings that mix gemstones like that?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Does this look synthetic? It is supposedly a natural ruby...

306619336_tp.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I was browsing Gene''s website looking at jewelry made from his stones and came across this ring about 1/4 of the way down the page.

Multi-stonering.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I was browsing around and saw this ring and thought of you.

moghulstyle.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I''m a big fan of cocktail rings and typically I like statement pieces, but that ring doesn''t do it for me personally. Sometimes i do see pieces though and i think "not for me" but then i see it on someone else and I think it is fabulous!!!!!!

For the ruby ring I would go with it being fake....
2.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/15/2009 9:02:23 PM
Author: Sarahbear621
I''m a big fan of cocktail rings and typically I like statement pieces, but that ring doesn''t do it for me personally. Sometimes i do see pieces though and i think ''not for me'' but then i see it on someone else and I think it is fabulous!!!!!!

For the ruby ring I would go with it being fake....
2.gif
I agree, there is a uniqueness to the ring, though not sure if its to the postive or negative.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2009 8:37:12 PM
Author: AustenNut
I was browsing around and saw this ring and thought of you.
The Lang's art deco ring is nice because I can see the pattern and symmetry whereas with the first ring posted, everything seemed jumbled up.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know why I keep coming back to this thread, but whenever I see a multicolored stone ring, I think of you! Here''s one.

flwrrring.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/3/2009 6:02:51 PM
Author: szh07
Does this look synthetic? It is supposedly a natural ruby...
No, it actually looks almost identical to my rubellite. It appears to have some silky like inclusions too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results