shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vancouvernewbie

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

So here it is:

1.10 carat
VS1
H
"Good" cut rating (whatever that means)
5.72 x 5.61 x 4.08
Depth is 72%
Table is 72%
Comes with a GemScan certificate but this is all the info I have for sure. I''ve looked at it with an idealscope and there are some white spots spread throughout...not terrible though...

Set in a 19K band for $4300 CDN ($3655USD) all in.

Any comments?

Thanks!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi there,

I'm in Vancouver too! What shape stone is this? I don't know much about diamond shapes other than round, but I can tell you that it will be very hard to assess this stone based on the info you've provided. Fancy shapes are much more difficult to assess by numbers alone. I can say that it seems like a fairly deep stone with a large table. Have you seen the stone? Are there others you can compare it to? I know that doesn't help much. Hopefully someone else will come along who can give you more info.

ETA I realized that really what you were asking for was input on the price. Sorry. You might try running a Search by Cut under Prices at the top of the screen. Based on the carat weight, color, and clarity, it sounds like a fairly good price. I would just have to wonder, though, whether the cut is any good. To me, it seems a bit low for a well-cut stone in that carat range. But I'm not expert!

vancouvernewbie

Rough_Rock
Thanks Demelza,

Ideally I would like less depth but it seems as though it is on par with the stones that come up on the search from PS and within the ranges of the "Ideal" princess cut parameters. The dealer is a friend of my client who has used him several times so I do have a certain amount of trust in him...and as naive as this sounds he seems to be cutting me a pretty good deal. The previous diamond that I was looking at was a 1.18 SI2, I, princess that was too deep for $4300 all in. So he offered me a significantly better stone with better proportions for the same price.

Again, I could be wrong with the pricing...I have seen it and have compared it to several other stones and it looks quite nice to me but I''m no expert either :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results