shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rebeccarose

Rough_Rock
So my boyfriend and I are shopping for an engagement ring and we both don''t know much about diamonds. We have been learning a lot from reading this site so thanks for all the wonderful posts. I wanted to see what you guys thought of this diamond, I''m not sure if the cut is nice or not. I saw it in person and it seemed sparkly to me but then I found out it is not an ideal cut which is what I wanted orginally. My jeweler said it is actually nicer because the table makes the diamond look bigger. Am I being picky or does the table seem out of proportion at all? Do you think that it would make a big difference in sparkle if I got the same stone in an ideal cut? I just don''t know if I''m paying too much attention to what is on the GIA paper. Do you think this is a nice stone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

here is the info for the stone:
round brilliant
8.24-8.31x4.88 mm
2.01 carat
depth 59%
table 60%
girdle thin to medium faceted
culet none
polish very good
symmetry excellent
vs2 E color
no flourescence

What do you think?

Thanks, Rebecca

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
not my favorite combo.
Have you compared it to other well cut diamonds?
AGS0 or a hof or similar.
If you like the hof you can get as well cut or better cut diamonds online for less money.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Can you try and get the crown and pavilion measurements? That way you can tell more about cut
1.gif

rebeccarose

Rough_Rock
What is it in particular about this combo that you don''t like? I''m just curious. Thanks so much for responding

rebeccarose

Rough_Rock
I will try and get those measurements. Should they have been on the report?

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I personally like around a 60 to 60.8 depth. Tables I like to be 54 to 57. HTH

shay

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2006 8:28:13 PM
Author: rebeccarose
I will try and get those measurements. Should they have been on the report?
if it was a new GIA report.i don''t so in this case.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t spend that much money on a diamond with a 60% table. You can find an ideal cut - keep looking!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 8:33:39 AM
Author: ChooChoo
I wouldn''t spend that much money on a diamond with a 60% table. You can find an ideal cut - keep looking!
I agree - find an ideal cut - you will not regret it.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an example of a diamond with a larger table and they can be quite nice. So, while the numbers are important, don''t let the larger table completely stop you from considering the stone. My diamond, which is really beautiful has a 59% table, 59.8% depth and it is stunning. Many would call this a premium cut, not an ideal cut, but you can get some whopping nice stones in the premium realm and not have to pay for ideal proportions.

Have you seen the stone in person? See if you can get an idealscope on the stone as well.

Good luck.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results