shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherman

Rough_Rock
Specs:

GIA cert.
Square Emerald Cut
Measurements: 6.49x6.46x4.45
L/W = 1.0046
Table: 64%
Depth: 68.9%
1.49ct.
F-VS2
P/S = G/G
Cost: $9,400

I looked at this stone yesterday along with a 1.59ct., 6.39x6.41x4.49, table=61%, depth= 67%, G/VS1, P/S =X/VG for $10,500... and the F stone just had more pop and brilliance even though the P/S are lower. Side by side, the smaller F just looked better. Both looked like great cuts.

I like both stones... What do you all think?

HELP!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Assherman
35.gif

Storm is the resident Asscher expert around these here parts, so I would recommend you wait for a response from him. But, having read enough of his posts, he''s going to ask you for pictures pictures pictures. Numbers are good, but in fancy cuts pics tell a lot more. He''ll want to see the patterns. He''ll likely ask you if you can get an ideal scope to see if there is much light leakage.

Can you get any of these?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll agree that the first priority is you and your eyes...there may be something special about the smaller stone that numbers and even pics don''t show.

The P/S good/good concerns me...and I personally like the table % on the larger stone better.

But what the heck do I know? It''s all about what dances right in front of your eyes. I am doubtfult that anyone will grab your ring, whip out a loupe, and shout, "I SEE POLISH IRREGULARITIES!!!"

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...I didn''t notice until now...nice mm spread on the "little" one! It faces up bigger than the "bigger"! Yummy.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 1:08:00 PM
Author: wallermama
Wow...I didn''t notice until now...nice mm spread on the ''little'' one! It faces up bigger than the ''bigger''! Yummy.
It does indeed. I''d love to see some pics. The P/S is the only thing that has me a little concerned, but I will wait to see what Storm says.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results