shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Alexandrite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there this is a 0.58 carat alexandrite. May I know what do you think of the cut and color? Is it worth the value? the measurement of the width is 4.5mm does it refers to the largest part of the pear? tks!

$179.00
Clarity: Eye Clean
Cut: Step Cut
Number of pieces: 1
Origin: Tanzania
Shape: Pear
Size: 6.70 x 4.50 x 3.00 mm ( LxWxD )
Treatment: Unheated

2049216808 2.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think vendors like Multicolour.com have nicer stones for the price, especially in terms of color. Of course, in these price ranges you can''t expect a perfect alexandrite as those are really rare and incredibly pricey (and change from an emerald-like green to a rhodolite-like red), but you can probably find something nicer than this that seems to be changing from peridot to a smoky quartz color.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
tks for the reply, you are right! Can you take a look at my other thread on color change sapphires? I had found 2 do let me know your views pls!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, 4.5 mm is the fattest part of the pair. I’m not fond of anything that colour changes to brown, in particular dark brown.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tks for the input Chrono!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results