shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of the stats on this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mas

Rough_Rock
Hi all -- I saw a diamond with the following GIA grading report. Is this a good cut? The diamond didn''t seem as sparkly to me as some other diamonds I have been looking at and I''m wondering if this is because of the cut (or possibly the lighting?). Price was $25000 -- does this seem fair?

Round brilliant cut
8.87 - 8.92 x 5.36
Weight: 2.54 carat
Depth: 60.3%
Table: 58%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, faceted
Culet: none
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very good
Clarity grade: VS2
Color grade: I
Fluorescence: Faint

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There isn''t much about diamonds but brilliance, IHMO
11.gif

... and from the stats given there''s no way I could start guessing if this measures up as a ''good cut'' among round brilliants.

25k is quite a bit for that sort of doubt
20.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Definitely need more info for cut analysis. Can you get a sarin done?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
If it''s an excellent cut, the price isn''t bad. But there isn''t enough info to determine whether the cut is indeed excellent. If you say it doesn''t sparkle as much as other diamonds you''ve seen, I would imagine it''s not a great cut. Are you considering it?

mas

Rough_Rock
I will see if I can get a sarin done. any others thoughts about the diamond?

mas

Rough_Rock
I am considering it -- it seemed like a good value vs some other diamonds we have been looking at -- but I am a novice at all this, so want to be sure. And I have to admit I getting overwhelmed by diamond shopping. It''s such a big purchase and I want to find something I''ll love forever.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
mas,
Do yourself a favor and read up on the tutorials here, cut is KEY. You want to get the best cut possible and a little research here will go a long way. Good luck, and we''ll be happy to answer any questions you may have. I know all of this can be overwhelming, but that''s why we''re here. Good luck!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results