shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of the monokini?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I know summer is coming to a close, but I love buying swimsuits when they go on sale at the end of the season. This year I''m tempted to get a monokini, since I feel uncomfortable wearing a bikini, tankinis tend to be WAY too long on top for me, and regular one pieces often don''t have enough support on top for me! So what do you think of the monokinis? Were these a one-season trend, or should I get one to wear next year? Target has a bunch of cute ones right now that tie around the back like a triangle top but still cover the tummy!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are super cute and was going to buy one but didn''t want the weird lines on my stomach because I also wear 2 pieces-I say go for it!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I loved ''em in the 80s and I love ''em now! I''m not sure they will be in fashion for very long, but, you can get a couple years wear out of them.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
uuhhhh...what is this monokini thing? Sounds like a fruity cocktail...

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 7:03:38 PM
Author: rockzilla
uuhhhh...what is this monokini thing? Sounds like a fruity cocktail...
I thought you were talking about Monchichi''s...

Monchichi.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LMAO at that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
haha I love Monchichi!! Here is a monokini...

51O9wN7wGuL._SS400_.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I like them but think that if you have big hooters you could end up looking like a hooo-ahhh if the top isn't right....LOL...I don't love that style top

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Here's the one I think is cute! I think the top would fit much like a regular triangle top...

ETA, I totally had one of these in the 80's, and I totally rocked it in leopard print with a side ponytail sticking out of my head!

51Frdjv32WL._AA262_.jpg

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
They always look cute in the fitting room, but I shudder at the tan lines.
32.gif

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve contemplated getting one as a bikini-tankini compromise, but the tan line thing always stopped me.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I dunno....seems like it would emphasize the love handles...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to be in a country where it was warn enough to contemplate taking some clothes off...
15.gif

I went to work in a winter coat today - with umbrella!

I hate the British ''summer''.
29.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 5:07:05 PM
Author: Pandora II
I''d like to be in a country where it was warn enough to contemplate taking some clothes off...
15.gif

29.gif
I hear you! We have not had a summer this year
7.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We had 3 days in the South East - my wedding was in the middle of the 3, lucky lucky me!

I thought last year was bad, but this year is taking the mick. So much for global warming!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I think in order to rock this look, you have to have a nice long torso.

I have a very short torso, and reason #2,543,978 why I hate my short torso is that monokinis are not even an option. The top part is fine, then you have several inches of sagging material and then there is a bottom.

I actually like them, so if you have the torso to pull it off, I say go for it!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 9:13:49 PM
Author: Sabine
Here''s the one I think is cute! I think the top would fit much like a regular triangle top...

ETA, I totally had one of these in the 80''s, and I totally rocked it in leopard print with a side ponytail sticking out of my head!
LOL! Mine was purple metallic!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 6:32:20 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 8/5/2008 5:10:36 PM
Author: Maisie

Date: 8/5/2008 5:07:05 PM
Author: Pandora II
15.gif

29.gif
I hear you! We have not had a summer this year
7.gif
I would be happy to have all the seasons... I remember we had them when I was a little girl.
Oh, me too!

We''ve only had one this year - miserable, raining and a bit chilly! It''s been like it since last October. My parents still haven''t turned their AGA off at home...

Monokinis do look rather fetching!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results