shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this rock?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drkewl

Rough_Rock
AGS000
Cut- Ideal
Carat- 1.566
Color- H
Clarity- VS2
Measurements- 7.54 - 7.57 x 4.59 mm
Depth- 60.8%
Table- 55%
Girdle- 0.8-3.6
Crown Angle- 34.700
Pavilion Angle- 40.800
Culet- PT
Polish- IDEAL
Symmetry- IDEAL

i had to shrink the IS image bc i received it as a bmp file (which is too big to post here)

The brilliance scope results were great, all 3 ''very high''... after i shrunk that image it became too hard to read so I omitted it

price is $12650 roughly

Attachments

• ISimageazc1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 98

drkewl

Rough_Rock
is it so bad that no one has an opinion on it?
7.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow drkewl I am no expert but that sure looks like a winner to me! I think you have chosen an excellent size, color, and clarity combo and the specs seem good.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Ditto what Sundial said; looks like a winner, and priced within normal variance among the other value priced diamonds listed here.

Regards,

drkewl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the responses! What is a ''normal'' price to pay for a diamond of this size, color, and clarity? I''m assuming its a decent deal at the worst, but I really don''t know how decent exactly... it came to about 12,450 after the wire transfer discount.

drkewl

Rough_Rock
After receiving the sarin report for this diamond, the table size is now 54.6... is that too small? Most of the great diamonds i tend to see on here are upwards of 55-56... am i missing something here? Being way to picky? I think if i remember correctly smaller tables have more fire while those around 60 have more white light return. Is this correct?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If the cert is from AGS, then the original data presented is presumably from them, as well, no? If you then have 2 sets of data, you'd tend to want to go with that offered by AGS.

Ordinarily, to get a comparison on price, you'd like to see a number of offerings, and then triangulate. Whether you're still shopping or not, I just saw one closely comparable on the search by cut database for about 1K less, and that kind of variability is in the realm, in my opinion...with both prices being well below what you'd ordinarily expect to see at a B&M.

drkewl

Rough_Rock
what diamond? can you post me a link? I can''t find it
7.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
here.

What did you do to look? It''s a pretty close match, right?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results