shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you have engraved?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
I recently received my mother’s wedding band and looked inside and saw the engraving of “Love always, *Dad’s name*” I love engravings on rings. They are so special and loving. Words written forever that capture that specific time.

So…. I’m wondering what kind of engravings do you have on your jewelry? A Date? A name? A quote? What’s the significance for you?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking about getting my guy a watch as a groom gift, and engrave "you win"
We have this running joke where i say "I win" to EVERYTHING, regardless if i actually won or not. and then i tell him"The game is (my full name) Wins until name is changed legally"

then i tell him he can when I change my name.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Our initials, "ABC to XYZ", followed by our wedding date. We put the same thing into our upgraded wedding rings as was in the originals. I wanted this because this is exactly what my parents had engraved in their wedding bands, and I always thought it was so cool.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
DH''s says - "I am the Luckiest" (from the Ben Folds Five song)
Mine says - "Always By Your Side" (from the Sade song)

The engravings were a total surprise on our wedding day, we each picked the engraving for the other and told the jeweler and didn''t peek till after they were on our hands. It was a really sweet moment when we both looked after the ring exchange. I love that we both chose song lyrics without even discussing it and these are two of my all-time favorites songs.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 7:36:10 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Hubby has the poem on my signature engraved inside his ring.. its from The Notebook. :)

SDL, you are just insanely adorable. seriously. hugs to you.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m having the following engraved on the inside of hubby''s ring:

What are the odds? ABC & XYZ 7/4/08

It''s a thing. He knows what it means.
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mine is too small to be engraved. DH''s says "Love you forever 08-05-06." When my mom saw it she cried, she had my dad''s ring engraved with the same exact words (not that the words are original, just that we used the exact same phrasing).

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
aw, all these quotes are so sweet!!

SDL -- that poem is so adorable! every time i read your signature i get a little misty! it''s even cuter now that i know it''s in your hubby''s wedding band! does the whole poem fit in the band or is it just a little piece??

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine is all pave, so can''t be engraved.

DH''s says "DO NOT REMOVE".
3.gif

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 7:22:15 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Our initials, ''ABC to XYZ'', followed by our wedding date. We put the same thing into our upgraded wedding rings as was in the originals. I wanted this because this is exactly what my parents had engraved in their wedding bands, and I always thought it was so cool.
This is what we did too, except in our case we never upgraded and are still wearing the originals.

A friend showed me the other day how she uses her great-grandfather''s w-ring as her wedding ring. It has his name engraved in it, and has a date from the late nineteenth century in this beautiful old script. I got chills seeing it and hoped that one day some descendant of ours will wear our engraved rings and think about us.

We''ve been married 25 years, our rings were a matching set, y-g and w-g but now they don''t match anymore as the white gold edging wore off of DH''s and the pattern that is on the band is worn on his, too. Mine still looks the same, I''ve always been finicky and my things don''t wear out. My w-ring is too big now though. I''m wearing one of those plastic tube things to keep it on my finger while I think what to do--the engraving inside is one reason I''m afraid to try to have it sized.

Black Jade

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
DH''s says "PWNED." He''s a gamer. He adores it, too. Mine is too little to be engraved. I hope to remedy that someday!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
When i was going to get married a million years ago i had planned to have an infinity sign engraved in her ring.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:16:55 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
DH''s says ''PWNED.'' He''s a gamer. He adores it, too. Mine is too little to be engraved. I hope to remedy that someday!

i had no idea what "pwned" meant, but the wikipedia entry cleared everything up by providing me with this illustrative picture:

Pwned2.0.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwwww... you guys made my morning
16.gif
I get the warm fuzzies reading this thread. It''s making me think about what to engrave in my FF''s ring...

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Our bands are both engraved. His says "Together 4-18-87" and mine says "Forever 4-18-87."

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 10:44:22 PM
Author: neatfreak

DH''s says ''DO NOT REMOVE''.
3.gif
I love it!!!!
36.gif

Other funny options I''d consider:
DON''T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

PUT ME BACK ON

BRING HOME FLOWERS

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 5:25:08 PM
Author: Bliss

3.gif

I love it!!!!
36.gif

PUT ME BACK ON

BRING HOME FLOWERS

Lol. A woman after my own heart...DH and I are much more jokey than sentimental, so it was perfect for us. He about fell over laughing when he saw it for the first time.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our wedding bands say "Lauren and Weston - 3.9.06 - :-*" and my e-ring says "FOREVER" in all caps.
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, we have an AIM emoticon in our wedding bands. I really wish I had thought of PWNED for my DH, though.
9.gif

That''s hilarious!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring doesn't have space for engraving
39.gif
but FI bought me a beautiful round locket for the wedding, which I haven't seen yet, and it's engraved with... a surprise....

His is engraved with "Like never before... 10-4-2008" it's a line from "our" song, Songbird:

For you there'll be no crying
For you the sun will be shining
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you
It's alright, I know it's right

And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before...

1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2008 5:25:08 PM
Author: Bliss

3.gif
I love it!!!!
36.gif

PUT ME BACK ON

BRING HOME FLOWERS
I like "Resistance is futile" and "Nonrefundable"
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mine didn''t have room for engraving, my wedding band at least. My e-ring was changed a few months ago, so I''m kind of glad we didn''t engrave the old one. DH has two wedding bands, exactly the same, except one is his "fatter months" size, and the other is his "every other month" size. In each band is engraved: More Than Everything 11.3.2007. We always say to each other, "How much do you think I love you?" And usually the other says, "I dunno, how much?" or something like it and always the response is "More than everything".
30.gif
I had considered "One sweet whirld", which is the Jamba Juice catchphrase- where we met 11 years ago, but I liked this better. The date wasn''t an option, DH has a bad memory for dates!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
"ni vous sans moi, ni moi sans vous"

translation: neither you without me, neither me without you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results