shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you enjoy spending your money on and without guilt?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Books. I have bought millions of them and never feel guilty to buy another one. The ones I read (and will not read again) I put on the street for someone else to enjoy.

We have "book boxes" here in almost every neighborhood where you can leave the books you have read to go to another person to enjoy them. Sharing books is like sharing knowledge and joy and and (I think) it is a great idea.

It works on the honor system. If you take a book you are supposed to leave a book whenever you can. You don't have to leave a book at the time you take one just whenever you can, at another time, even if it is at another book box in another neighborhood.

They probably would not work in every neighborhood since it does work on the honor system and it has to be your book that you leave, not someone else's or a library book. It works very well in the right areas.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely anything that addresses or attempts to address a problem before it settles in. It has been well worth it to pay for opinions from nutritionists, to dermatologists, paediatricians and management coaches. Oddly initially flinched over the costs of several of these ($500 an hour seemed steep) but they've been worth every cent.

Activities for my daughter, I think we've done a clean sweep of tripadvisor twice over since covid started. I wish we could have done more though as you can see she still took a hit. I guess everyone did.

I wish we had spent more traveling. I am resolved never to feel guilty over this one again.

Work -- shouldn't generate expenses but it does as my husband loses the receipts before they can be reimbursed. And we often pay for dinner for people. I think this was another thing I wish we'd done more.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have "book boxes" here in almost every neighborhood where you can leave the books you have read to go to another person to enjoy them. Sharing books is like sharing knowledge and joy and and (I think) it is a great idea.

It works on the honor system. If you take a book you are supposed to leave a book whenever you can. You don't have to leave a book at the time you take one just whenever you can, at another time, even if it is at another book box in another neighborhood.

They probably would not work in every neighborhood since it does work on the honor system and it has to be your book that you leave, not someone else's or a library book. It works very well in the right areas.

We have them here as well. I love the idea--and seeing that people like my contributions! (books always gone...)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter’s clothing/accessories/shoes (still a modest budget—she’s in school uniforms now). For me? Food and travel. I value experiences.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd feel guilt if doing something wrong.
I've never felt guilt when spending money ... on anything.

IMO guilt and shame are bullsh!t.
They are used by those in power to control us.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All the costs that go into having a home and family, I actually feel quite good as I pay for things. I know people hate bills etc but paying them off for is an achievement for me, like a goal that's been kicked.

Opals, I've never felt bad about buying them either :lol:

I now have a lingering guilt when I buy myself new fishing gear though :saint:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Definitely food.

I was part of a group on FB that shames rings. Most of it is done in good fun, nothing really mean. So I posted my upgrade.

Holy Shiz balls. I got a ton of crap for the amount it costs (and I never posted price, they literally looked up similar stones.)

A few tried to shame how I spent my own money. Pretty much what a terrible person I am when there are people starving in this world, who can't make rent, etc.
It was crazy.

Are you serious? So they did some research to feel morally superior to you and they did it online so they didn't have to face you. All I can say is, Losers.
Pricescope is the only form of social media I'm on. You just gave me another reason.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I enjoy guilt free spending on good food, home decor, and spoiling my dog and kids.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Are you serious? So they did some research to feel morally superior to you and they did it online so they didn't have to face you. All I can say is, Losers.
Pricescope is the only form of social media I'm on. You just gave me another reason.

Yeah. Some of them went way overboard. One of them said some ugly things about me as a person.
I mean, I don't particularly care what someone in a FB group thinks about me, but what was interesting was how so many people agreed with the assessment that I'm a terrible person for spending that much on a ring.
In other words, I should have given my money away to people in need.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah. Some of them went way overboard. One of them said some ugly things about me as a person.
I mean, I don't particularly care what someone in a FB group thinks about me, but what was interesting was how so many people agreed with the assessment that I'm a terrible person for spending that much on a ring.
In other words, I should have given my money away to people in need.

I would not be good in a group like that because I would have went off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results