shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you do with those clothes hangers from the Dry Cleaners??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnchee

Shiny_Rock
I go the the dry cleaners a lot, but I never know what the proper etiquette is regarding the clothes hangers they provide. Are you supposed to bring them back?

It seems such a waste to just throw them away. Right now I have a huge pile of them. I keep forgetting to bring the hangers back with me when I bring my dirty clothes. But they never say anything about it.

Should I bring back the 30 hangers, or is it just junk at this point?

laine

Brilliant_Rock
You don't have to take them back, but I think they're usually happy to take them.

I hate creating extra waste, so I'd take 'em back.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I always take them back to the cleaners. Better that they re-use them than put them in a landfill.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I will also take them back to the dry cleaners, as they clutter my closet! Additionally, it is a great way to recycle. When I moved, I took over 50 to the dry cleaners and they seemed to appreciate my contribution.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Do you enjoy craft projects? When I was little, my great-grandma would crochet around them - they make the BEST hangers when they''re crocheted with yarn - little strappy tops/dresses will actually stay on them and they don''t take up a ton of room in your closet like some super bulky hangers. My g-grandma passed away years ago, but recently I realized I wanted more of those hangers (I had a few from college that a cousin made) and found a video on youtube that shows you how to do it. Super easy. :)

When DH and I moved in together, I realized that almost ALL of his hangers are the kind from drycleaners...slowly I''ve been trying to filter them out of his closet and into a bag in our basement, haha.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
just return them to the dry cleaner.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
we usually have a garage sale once a year. i keep those hangers and hang the clothes we''re selling on them. buyer takes clothes and hangers. after the sale it all gets donated to salvation army.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tie a knot in the end that the hanger goes through and put all my shredded paper in the bag for recycling.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Usually I try and take them back with my next cleaning visit, but since we just moved, I took the hangers to the thrift store. We had so much stuff to get rid of that I needed to get any clutter out of my way to think clearly.

Lynnchee

Shiny_Rock
Yea, I''ll just load up my car and take them all back. I have A LOT of them. I hope they actually want them back and don''t think that i''m pushing junk on them.
37.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I just buy more clothes to fill the hangers.........
2.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
OMG take them back in a heartbeat. NO MORE WIRE HANGERS!!!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I always take them back to be reused.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I toss them in my drycleaning bag when I put my clothes away, and that way, they go back automatically when I drop off my next load of drycleaning.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:32:50 PM
Author: Elmorton
Do you enjoy craft projects? When I was little, my great-grandma would crochet around them - they make the BEST hangers when they''re crocheted with yarn - little strappy tops/dresses will actually stay on them and they don''t take up a ton of room in your closet like some super bulky hangers. My g-grandma passed away years ago, but recently I realized I wanted more of those hangers (I had a few from college that a cousin made) and found a video on youtube that shows you how to do it. Super easy. :)

My grandmother did this same thing! When she passed away, my father brought me every last one of them because I admired them so. I try not to get too sentimental about "stuff," but I sure do love those coat hangers. They are meaningful, and I agree that clothes REALLY tend to stay on those things. My tops never slide off of them.

Speaking of craft projects, a lot of times teachers (especially art teachers) at local schools look for coat hangers to use for art projects. I have a bag ready to give the art teacher at my school where I teach when the year starts back up. Sometimes I have the kids use them to make mobiles or something too.

I am glad you decided to take them back. Don''t toss them unless they break.

Lynnchee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 7:44:52 PM
Author: joflier
I just buy more clothes to fill the hangers.........
2.gif
hee hee hee

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I knew what you were going to say even thought the title of the thread didn''t complete the sentence. This used to be the bane of my existence, since I worked at a hotel and my position enjoyed free dry cleaning as a perk. I decided to gather them up quarterly and return them, but I always save the ones for pants, because they prevent creases. And the ones that had the foam on the top so your blouse didn''t fall off...I saved those too. The rest of them would get bundled up and returned. Now, I try to dry clean as little as possble. I love the job I have now where Old Navy rules.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I keep a couple with clothes pins attached to them for hanging delicates that need to dry, and the rest go to a woman who is a seamstress so she can use them for her customers.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
my dry cleaner asks for them back

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results