shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I am a digital marketing analyst for a large marketing/advertising firm. I am the geeky one in glasses in a sea of creative, pierced, tattooed, vibrantly-colored-hair folks. I analyze the campaigns to find out what is working/what needs to be modified. I love the work but don''t always love my client--hopefully I''ll be moving to the client side myself soon and can boss the agency around.

DH is an actuary and fellow geek.

luckyme502

Rough_Rock
I live off my soon to be husband. I actually got laid off from work in December, I had never not worked since I was 14. We like me being home, so I think I am looking into retirement.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I am a doctor.

SO is a doctor too.

I''ll keep quiet about our specialization.

1.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I'm a law student, will be graduating in May and taking the Bar in July. In the fall, I'll be starting work as an "attorney-adviser" at a federal agency for two years (it's a temporary appointment). I'd like to get into environmental law after that.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
office manager at Fi''s bff''s telecommunications company. Fi is chef/owner of two restaurants.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Professional gardener and business owner.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
wow! quite a variety of professions! glad I started this thread
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm a teacher.

ETA: My husband is a database developer and data analyst.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a program officer at a small Federal grantmaking agency.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
vet student. Working as a vet nurse part-time.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 3:21:18 PM
Author: rosetta
I am a doctor.

SO is a doctor too.

Ditto.

Ditto.

We''re both in paeds.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beer tester specializing in Redhook Brewery selections.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I am a lawyer in a smaller firm, in a smaller city, with a rather general practice (everything from acting for landlords trying to evict tenants with 45 cats, collections, to matrimonial, to insurance litigation/defense - it's awesome!).

It is my...oh...third or so "career"....? I think I will stick with this one for a while though
28.gif

My husband took an early retirement from the military about a year ago (after 13 years of service). Since then, he has been doing whatever he likes really...he started his after-degree to go into teaching recently but is not sure whether he really wants to be a teacher at the end of the day (based on the actual practicum experiences so far - though he is doing excellent and being highly encouraged...he knows just because he is good at something does not mean it is good for him..ha!). So, now he is weighing his options, and looking for a temporary position with the city to make some extra play money over the summer and so we can make things a bit financially easier for the next few months (aka not solely rely on my income :)). At heart he would love to just grow raspberries in his garden, play and build his didgiredoos, and be a stay at home dad if and when the time comes. I admit, while it makes the budget tight, I quite appreciate coming home to a very clean house and foot rubs...
26.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 5:33:58 PM
Author: MC

Really? Or just kidding?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

...In Iceland, too, right?
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 6:00:52 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

...In Iceland, too, right?
9.gif
Yep, we keep a kegerator on the back deck and have Long Hammer IPA on tap 24/7.
3.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I am a social worker but I am working at a University as a practicum placement coordinator arranging practicum placements for social work students and I teach as a sessional as well.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 5:58:30 PM
Author: lulu

Really? Or just kidding?
I''m kidding.
1.gif
lol I HAVE been to the Redhook brewery and have tasted all their beers, if that counts for anything. Long Hammer wins!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the UK too.

I''m a politician (until May
27.gif
) and mother to my 10 month old daughter.

Studing for my FGA in Gemmology and thinking of doing something in that sphere when I decide to go back to work.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I teach middle school special education, specifically children diagnosed with Autism, and DH is an accountant working in AR/AP.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m at IT Consultant/software developer currently working at a large pharmaceutical company. So basically I''m a computer geek working with a bunch of science geeks.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 12:21:40 PM
Author: Girlrocks
I own my own business doing consulting work for skilled nursing facilities and nursing homes. DH is a director of a retirement community.
i SOOOOOOOOOO wish there was PM and we could talk about this! seriously! where do you live? what kind of consulting?? tell me more, tell me more!

i''m the admissions and marketing director for a skilled nursing facility. i am part-way through my AIT to become a licensed nursing home administrator.
(i''ve wanted to do this since i was 18 working at a retirement community...i''d love to be an ED one day!!!!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am an optometrist and work at a nonprofit multidisciplinary health clinic with developmentally disabled adults and children.

DH was an environmental attorney and changed careers this year and he is now working as a knowledge leader with a company that specilaizes in sustainability and environmental issues. That is a mouthful for sure
2.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 6:17:33 PM
Date: 3/26/2010 5:58:30 PM

Author: lulu

Really? Or just kidding?
I'm kidding.
1.gif
lol I HAVE been to the Redhook brewery and have tasted all their beers, if that counts for anything. Long Hammer wins!!!

Too bad you're kidding...that is a cool job!!
10.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m a psychologist - I work as a therapist in a medical office

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 3:01:39 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

I am a digital marketing analyst for a large marketing/advertising firm. I am the geeky one in glasses in a sea of creative, pierced, tattooed, vibrantly-colored-hair folks. I analyze the campaigns to find out what is working/what needs to be modified. I love the work but don''t always love my client--hopefully I''ll be moving to the client side myself soon and can boss the agency around.

DH is an actuary and fellow geek.

NewEnglandLady - my DH is an actuary also! you''re not in the boston area by any chance, are you?

Gemma45

Rough_Rock
Hi,
35.gif

I am new to PS, and this looked like an interesting thread to start posting in.

I am a Technology Trainer for our local school district so I can be close to our children. We use and incorporate a lot of new software every year, so I teach district employees how to use the applications whether it be for students to use or for them to use. My DH is a Network Engineer.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an employee benefits consultant/broker. My FI is a software engineer. We joke that I''m the face and he''s the data.
9.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 11:39:05 PM
Author: whitby_2773
my DH is an actuary also!
Whitby your DH is an actuary too?? I''ve been thinking seriously about this for the last 6 months or so and have tracked down about half dozen actuaries to talk to about the career (and have badgered NEL too!). I''m a physio now but I don''t enjoy it. I have a previous degree in physics and I''m applying for a 1 year conversion course - a H.Dip in actuarial science - in a Uni here that would hopefully get me exemptions from the CT stage if I did well enough. Shorten the journey a little. Does your hubby like his job? What area is he in? I''m preparing myself for a hermit life for, oh, the next 8 years or so
34.gif
41.gif

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
i''m a high school teacher currently teaching a half load of social studies and the other half is courses for kids with learning disabilities. i''m hoping to go all social studies and geography for next year though. i''ve been teaching special ed since 2002 and i''ve had my fill!

my hubby works in post-production for the film industry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results