shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think of this almost 1ct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
Greetings all. What do you think of this rock? Plugging in the numbers, HCA shows this to be 1.0 exactly. With Excellent for the first 3 catagory and Very Good for Spread.

Please note that this is a AGS DQR (not a DQD) so it gives no Cut rating and the ranking terms used are exactly like that of GIA. Thus the symmetry/polish rating of Excellent is infact Ideal if this report was an AGS DQR. For DQD reports, it's rated as: Excellent, VG, G, Fair and Poor--exactly like the GIA does. Given my knowledge, this rock would be ranked as a AGS0 as its proportions fit under the requirements for an AGS Ideal cut.

So given this, what would you wise diamond patrons conclude? A pretty decent rock? It's around $4200-4300

JD_MD

Rough_Rock
I think the numbers look great and the price is very fair. I''m not sure why the stone was graded with a DQR instead of a DQD....most diamonds I''ve seen that are even close to the 1 carat range that are graded by AGS come with a DQD.

Probably not a big deal.

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2005 7:42:46 AM
Author: JD_MD
I think the numbers look great and the price is very fair. I''m not sure why the stone was graded with a DQR instead of a DQD....most diamonds I''ve seen that are even close to the 1 carat range that are graded by AGS come with a DQD.

Probably not a big deal.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I thought it was very strange that they opted to get a DQR instead of a DQD. There can''t be that big of a price difference between the two reports can there? Especially considering how nice this rock seems to be.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgive this truly idiotic question...what the hell are DQD and DQR

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/6/2005 5:29:02 PM
Author: ame
Forgive this truly idiotic question...what the hell are DQD and DQR

Haha.. I don''t feel like such a newbie now. :) Thanks

http://www.agslab.com/products_services.html

DQD = Diamond Quality Document
DQR = Diamond Quality Report

They are both grading reports from AGS Labs. I believe the DQR is the cheaper version withOUT a cut rating. And infact AGS has made the DQR very much alike to the GIA report. They even use the same exact grading classifications as the GIA on the DQR reports. But AGS is definitely more known for their DQD reports, which does have their trademark AGSx cut ratings.

Sample DQD: http://www.agslab.com/dqd.html
Sample DQR: http://www.agslab.com/dqr.html

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a cheaper copout to me...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not enough info.
Also the new ags0 at this time no one can say a diamond is an asg0 unless it has an ags dqd saying so.

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/7/2005 12:44:20 AM
Author: strmrdr
Not enough info.

Also the new ags0 at this time no one can say a diamond is an asg0 unless it has an ags dqd saying so.

Alright. What other info would you need to determine if this is a good stone or not?

Anyone else have any input on this stone? If it's no idea, what makes you think that? If it is very nice, what makes you say that as well?

Thanks!
P.S. Here is the HCA in color:

a4r2x3.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 8:34:13 AM
Author: TimeTraveller
Date: 8/7/2005 12:44:20 AM

Not enough info.

Alright. What other info would you need to determine if this is a good stone or not?

Anyone else have any input on this stone? If it''s no idea, what makes you think that? If it is very nice, what makes you say that as well?

Thanks!

P.S. Here is the HCA in color:

a4r2x3.jpg

ideal-scope image and or a 3d sarin would be nice.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it has potential
2.gif
as strm said, an idealscope image would be great
1.gif

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 8:46:22 AM

ideal-scope image and or a 3d sarin would be nice.

Alrighty. Here they are:

a4sf3b.jpg

What do you think now? Everyone is welcome--infact encourged--to coment.
1.gif

This is not a perfect H&A diamond--even I can see that--but it's quite good given the price, no? Price is ~$4200-4300. What do you all think? If you don't like it or find it's not a good deal, then please tell me specifically why you don't like it or why it's not a great deal. Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
uhhhhhhhh.....what makes you say that is not a perfect h&a?
33.gif

it looks very, very nice to me
18.gif

TimeTraveller

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 9:49:26 AM
Author: belle
uhhhhhhhh.....what makes you say that is not a perfect h&a?
33.gif

it looks very, very nice to me
18.gif

Haha..

Belle, because 1) the reputable seller isn''t marketing this diamond as a H&A cut and 2) because I can actually see where the imperfection is in that idealscope image. It took me a while to find it, as when I first saw it I thought it was indeed a perfect H&A but I eventually found the slight imperfection. I don''t want to give it away just yet as I want others to have a good look for themselves without me identifying it.

So Belle, it seems you like this diamond--at least offering a Thumbs Up. Do you think the price a good deal for this diamond?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the idealscope image is very nice...little to no leakage...great symmetry....what''s not to like!?
i''m still not sure you how you determine the relevence of h&a perfection by the crown view alone though (of course, i have a lot to learn!)

yes, thumbs up from me. i like it. you have found a very nice 1ct. stone without the 1ct. pricetag. very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results