shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you all think of the price of this eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
thoughts on price for this band--it is used but described as very good condition

$850.00
platinum eternity band with 16 square-cut diamonds, approx. .60 cttw, F color, VS clarity, and 16 French-cut square emeralds, approx. .90 cttw
The width is 3.0 mm.
Ring size: 6

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have any pictures?????
emphoto.gif
emquestion.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
no but ive seen pix--channel set squares--bright green emeralds--looks very nice

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a fair price based on my experience, provided the emeralds are of good quality.
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
anyone know a good source for high quality deco platinum and colored stone eternity bands (i dont care for signed pieces..)

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
There are lots out there....Ana probably knows!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2005 12:49:30 PM
Author: Maxine
Not this time
7.gif

The price seems attractive even if those emeralds are syntetic (and I wouldn''t be surprised, ''cause small colored accents in older deco-style jewelry often are).

You might find this page interesting for price refs.
34.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2005 1
6.gif
0:12 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 1/30/2005 12:49:30 PM
Author: Maxine
Not this time
7.gif

The price seems attractive even if those emeralds are syntetic (and I wouldn''t be surprised, ''cause small colored accents in older deco-style jewelry often are).

You might find this page interesting for price refs.
34.gif
THANKS ANA--How would you tell if they were synthetic>?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2005 3:58:19 PM
Author: windowshopper
THANKS ANA--How would you tell if they were synthetic?
Certain ID''s are a matter of laboratory testing... but common sense works most of the time.

Completely clean emerald would make me think twice: it just doesn''t happen. Absolutely perfect color matching and faultless cut matching goes with syntetics only in the vast majority of cases. So they''d make a strong hint, in my opinion.

Since these stones are small, flawless quality and matching would not be such a big miracle after all. It may happen. If the ring itself is either signed by a top jewelery house or otherwise a strykingly well made piece, I would definitely refrain from guessing at all.

I woudn''t know to look for other clues
34.gif

Not sure how much good pictures can do. Anyway, here''s a pretty typical line up of syntetic emeralds (link) versus finely matched naturals (link - see photo #5).

TLS

Shiny_Rock
Hi Windowshopper!

Can I ask why you don''t care for signed pieces? just curious because i am myself looking for a eternity band or something similar....

thanks for your help!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2005 6:20:52 PM
Author: TL1
Hi Windowshopper!

Can I ask why you don''t care for signed pieces? just curious because i am myself looking for a eternity band or something similar....

thanks for your help!
actually its not them or their product --its more that i am looking for a emeralds and/or rubies and the older stones have better colors.........plus i only like the truly square (not princess) stones................

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2005 6:25:34 PM
Author: windowshopper

i am looking for a emeralds and/or rubies and the older stones have better colors.........
You might want to investigate this one

9244V.jpg
10915V.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results